Home

Do you think the vehicle units are big enough?

Guest Windrider

Do you think the vehicle units are big enough?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the vehicle units are big enough?

• No, make them bigger!
    • Yeah, I think they look fine

Guest Windrider

The first time I saw the screenshots I was disappointed because the units were not to scale. But now it looks better. I guess they made a change since the release of the original screen shots. The :atat: look good but it should be bigger and the TF tanks and transports look small. I know its not possible to make it to scale because of rendering and screen space but there seems to be more not to scale compared to FC. Make em bigger or better yet have a scale option in system settings so someone with Ghz or higher could play to scale.

Guest Tie Guy

Good point Dave, you could have units that big or that small on a 2d map like in GB. Forcecommmander was the exception becasue it was 3d.

They're just right. Imagine making them in the correct scale. You would see 2 AT-AT's and nothing more. Have you played AoK? Look at the size of those transports, or those onagers... they're not scale, but they look cool. Of course the first screenshots were a little disappointing talking about scale.

Guest DarthMaul

true but for vehicles like battle tanks, they could make them a bit bigger to make it look a lil more proportunal.

Guest Tie Guy

You shouldn't judge a tank by it's size. After all In FoCom they weren't that big, and the scaling in that nearly exact.

Guest Tie Guy

Hey, no prob.

anyways, i think that the idea is to have them trip the AT-AT's, and just be very powerful against other mechs.

I personnaly think that it would be very difficult to scale them to size in a 2d game because then we would need binoculars to see the smaller units like troops or constantly zoom in and out during a battle.

As long as some balance (AT-AT's have to be bigger than troops) is in the game and the artwork good , i'm happy.

Guest Wedge

I think rhat it looks goosd as long as the :atat: ias as big as a stormtropper I don't care, in the original Age of Empires your villagers were as big as your buildings but it was still a great game.

Guest Ewok14

I have to say what the hell is the point in making thew units to scale it will slow down the game one hell of a lot and it probably would damage multiplayer and they probably want people with usles computers to be able to play it:atat:

yep. actually, the engine can have much more units than that...they just put a ceiling to it.

there were mods for Age Of Kings where there were thousands of units on screen..

then again, if you play with 8 players, you'll end up with 1600 units !!!

:eek:

eat your heart out, Starcraft !

In the real time battle mode (SP) you could have up too 3840 units on the battlefield in Shogun: Total war

but then again you need 333mghz minimum if i remember correctly (500mghz recommended).

Excellent game but different type than AoE that was very good also.

But 200 units on a Star wars Battlefield seems Excellent to me.

When is this game coming out again? November? :freakout:

Archived