Home

Russian warships on standby to sail to Gulf...

CaptainRAVE

Russia has put three warships on standby to go to the Persian Gulf within the next month to protect its "national interests" in the event of an American invasion of Iraq.

Russia's Pacific fleet has been ordered by the central command to prepare two cruisers and a fuel tanker for immediate deployment to the Gulf.

The move will heighten tension between Moscow and Washington, who both have interests in Iraq's oilfields.

The Marshal Shaposhnikov and the Admiral Panteleyev cruisers would be called upon to defend Russian "national interests" in the Gulf if the conflict between Iraq and the US escalates.

The ships - armed with missiles and reconnaissance equipment - have been ordered to be ready for deployment between late this month and early February.

Lukoil, Russia's biggest oil firm, had a £13bn contract with Baghdad to develop the West Qurna oilfield cancelled last month, reportedly after the Iraqi regime discovered Russia had been negotiating with Iraq's opposition.

Military analysts pointed out that the defence of "national interests" may also refer to the Russian military's desire to conduct surveillance on both sides during any conflict.

Link from: The Guardian.co.uk

I dunno about you, but I find this slightly scary. I know this is a few hours old; but I thought it would be cool to post it anyway :)...sorry if im just repeating what you already know :)

That's scary.

I think we should invade Iraq before Saddam kills all of Israel with his nuclear bombs that he's getting. That would leave him to take out all the middle east, and he'd be in control of the oil supply...

This should really go in the Senate Chambers.

Originally posted by Katarn07

That's scary.

I think we should invade Iraq before Saddam kills all of Israel with his nuclear bombs that he's getting. That would leave him to take out all the middle east, and he'd be in control of the oil supply...

This should really go in the Senate Chambers.

The swamp is for general discussion JK2 related or unrelated....thats what this is :D

Wait, Russia is teaming up with Iraq?!

They aren't. But it is clear that they don't want US to attack Iraq (as most of the rest of the world). About the warships, it is natural that a military power such as Russia would want to keep an eye of those events, and if they get the chance, grab some oil if they can.

Doesn't any one else understand Saddam has the power to kill everything on Earth 3 times!

US should have finished Saddam off in 91. It'd save all this trouble we're having now. He has even more weapons now then before. I think everyone must act to prevent him from using them.

^Alot of it though he has no way to dispatch over the whole world. And if he tried to Iraq would be hit with so many nuclear weapons it would be once massive hole in the ground, seeing as all the nuclear launch sites would not be affected by his weapons in the short term.

Another question that also enters my mind is why didnt they finish him off orginally :confused:....that is something noone may never know.

I think there are more dangerous people than him though. North Korea is a much greater threat!!!!

This is the only current event my friends and I get hyped up about. In Speech class, I had a friend that gave speeches on Iraq and the such. Very convincing.

History Channel showed how he may use Small Pox in the US and Israel. That is very scary!

It fits into a pen, and put it in a vent somewhere, it spreads all over the place like the flu!

Believe me. As a scientist I can tell you that there are MUCH worse things out there than small pox. There are more contageous ones and much much more lethal ones. Sorry, but i cant recall any names.

At the moment everyone are going out buying gas masks, but unfortunatly they wont do any good with the biological agents that Saddam, and many other leaders could have.

Believe me, you really dont want to know what I know, and if the rest of the country did there would be widespread panic.

I saw what a town in Iraq looked like after Saddam used a bioweapon on them.

:barf:

What kinda man does that to his own country?! Mussilini did that to. Same with the Russian leader during WWII (Can't think of his name...)

Hitler (not supporting his actions here) did not kill thousands of his own people!

Saddam must be eliminated.

Believe me. As a scientist I can tell you that there are MUCH worse things out there than small pox. There are more contageous ones and much much more lethal ones. Sorry, but i cant recall any names.

Well, actually you can prolly look up all the deadly diseases. I would find them, but I'm busy doing something at the moment and posting, lol. 100s of diseases that could wipe us out, and actually if you could speed up the process of the bacteria invading your body, even some common diseases could be deadly.

Believe me, you really dont want to know what I know, and if the rest of the country did there would be widespread panic.

Well most of it is pretty obvious if people would really open their eyes, do reaseach and stop relying on the media for all the information they get. No offence, but you'd be suprised if you read the history of alot of things that happened with Saddam. All the imformation that could cause worldwide panic could prolly be found at your local libary if you piece things that are happening now with things that happened in the past...:rolleyes:

Btw, what do you study as scientist?

Saddam doesn't have nuclear weapons, and it's in doubt whether he has any bio weapons that are still viable. Saddam has done nothing to us, and that gassing of the Kurds took place in 1988--before the Gulf War and when Saddam was still our ally... and in any case, those Kurds were killed by bio weapons that the US provided Iraq! Going back that far to find proof for a war now is just an indication that there is no sign of real proof to justify this war.

Add to that, preemptive strike is against international law--if the U.S. goes through with this attack, it would be no better than a war criminal!

Also, the Bush Administration claims that their intention for this war is regime change--how are they intending to do that? Are they going to bomb Baghdad to the ground, murdering possibly hundreds of thousands of innocents, or are they going to take to the streets for urban warfare that will kill many people who are just defending their homes from unlawful invasion, and will cost many American soldiers their lives.

This is not a just war--this war is not right! Before July, there was no indication that a war was imminent--then suddenly, it's right around the corner with no new evidence!

Jedi_Monk.jpg

What kinda man does that to his own country?! Mussilini did that to. Same with the Russian leader during WWII (Can't think of his name...)

Stalin. Josef Stalin.

A bad guy indeed, but he did say some clever stuff:

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing.

Those who count the votes decide everything."

"A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic."

Saddam Hussein: We Are Ready For War, And We Will Win

During his Gulf War anniversary speech, Saddam Hussein has said that Iraq is ready and mobilized for another war with the US.

He said that Iraq is ready now to face the US, and he still believes Iraq will win the war. However Saddam did not make any mention or comment about the latest UN find of rockets.

Saddam told his people that the US-UK alliance is massing a great force, but Iraq should not fear it, which has led to speculation that Iraqi troops will position in Baghdad for a final battle.

^Slightly optimistic considering our technology. Lol, he really isnt helping himself :rolleyes:

Archived