Home

Current Status

razorace

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, it's a hardware limitation. Remember you're playing this on a computer with a single monitor. There's no way to simulate a realistic fov without fisheyedness, multiple monitors, or VR equipment. It's just the way it is. :(

Too long since i posted ideas... :D

I know for now new animatins are not possible, but what i don't know is, canyou play an already existing animation backwards?

To be more specific, I was looking at the backstab, and thought it would probably do a good sword thrust if played backwards and with the saber looking the other way (maybe it could be the crouch+forward+attack for yellow stance).

uh, the saber is bolted to the hand on the player model model. I'm not sure it's possible to alter the orientation on the fly like that. But it might be possible to run animations backwards. I'm in the middle of checking out all the animation calls out at the moment.

Hi

I downloaded MotFv2 the other day, and I have to say that I think it is amazing. I'm trying to get the clan I used to be in (omni) to set up a CTF server that runs it all the time, hopefully they will.

I'm glad you included the cvars you did for personalizing how true view works (among other things) and the justice zone is hilarious. I was wondering if you could include an option through cvars to have trueview work a little differently. My idea is that if you were using your lightsaber you could play in normal third person, and when you performed one of the 3 "special" moves, you would zoom into trueview. Well I guess not really zoom in, that wouldn't be possible I dont think, but switch to true view for the move and then switch back afterwards. Maybe it could also come on when a backstab is performed, and since you can't move anyways while doing these moves, aside from rotating the yellow dfa, it'd be a great time to get a dramatic camera angle.

Are the damage values the same for light sabers? I feel like duels are more lethal when I play with MotF on, but I might just be confused by the dodging.

Thanks for making such a cool mod, I enjoy playing it a lot.

Azmo

That's a interesting True View idea but I'm not sure about the usefulness of it but it sounds cool. :) I'll add it to the ideas to discuss.

As for the sabers, yes, the damage for the saber has been boosted. There's a lot of work planned on the saber for R3. Watch the MotF Forum for details.

Servers would be great but I'm not sure BOFH wants MotF muscling in on his "turf". Try at your own risk. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got a prototype of the Mouse Sabering up and running. It's pretty cool and has a LOT of potential once we get the HUD stuff and settings tweaked.

Also, the MotF website is almost ready. We're currently waiting for our hosting admin to give us the data we need to get our perl/cgi run site up and running. Til then, continue to use the MotF Forums.

Archived