Home

Yes!!! Yes!! Yes!! It's Official!!!!

Sapaca

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!! FOLLOW THIS LINK!! http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2909499,00.html

Here's what it says.

Activision reveals upcoming projects

News

A new Pitfall game and a sequel to Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast are in the works.

During its quarterly earnings conference call, Activision revealed a few of the projects that will factor into the company's 2004 fiscal year. The company has plans to release a new game based on the Pitfall Harry property, as well as a sequel to Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast for the PC. In addition, Activision is working on a new Disney Skateboarding game that will run on the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater engine. Lastly, a sequel to Street Hoops will also be released in the 2004 fiscal year, and the company reiterated its plans to release Solider of Fortune II for the Xbox later this year.

We'll post more information as it becomes available.

By Giancarlo Varanini, GameSpot [postED: 01/23/03 - 12:05 pm pst]

None of this is really offical at all. It could be an expansion, it could be nothing. The Activision dude could have comprehension problems. LucasArts hasn't even said anything about it, and they're the ones who really matter.

Exactly, none of that is official, it could be an expansion pack, it could be a sequel, it could be nothing at all. I read the conference call & it implies something is being done or suggesting that something be done. I wouldn't count on anything, especially stories from IGN.

Well hey, I remember back when the LOTR movies were announced but were never 'official' a few years ago. Everyone said I was nuts and wanted to know where I got that info (some magazine).

It just may not be the right time to announce this officially is all. But I'm sure they want to capitalize on this game's success and the lucrative Star Wars genre.

Archived