Is the trade fed just for beginers  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is the trade fed just for beginers

• Yes
    • no

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, i think it is a beginner civ. the No prefab is really nice, but the TF has dissadvantages. . .

If beginners get too used to the TF, they won't be the BEST of players. Because someone could put all techs on, and guess what! No prefabs. Their whole stradegy goes down the drain.

All tech games ain't too bad, IMO, sometimes it helps to have the computer or your opponent try a different strategy than the same, tired strategies other civs use. It's kida refreshing to see the TF send droid fighters my way rather than sending a zillion and one tanks, droidekas by the boatload, and a bunch of hopelessly outgunned battledroids against a heavily fortified Rebel base.

all techs games take away the uniqueness of each civ.

and thus less strategy oriented games.

and the TF aren't neccessarily for noobs, they're very tough to beat because of the no prefabs, but they also cant mine carbon as fast, have ass jedi, no repeaters (but heavy strikes) crap air...

their heavies and mechs rule though. DD's are great, especially shielded.

however... i do think they're useless vs the rebels. since air speeders wreck everything that they're strong in... and no repeaters to counter jedi.

i dunno... i think they a wings and air speeders are incredibly effective for their purposes. the speeders easily crush mechs and a wings trounce any ground unit except jedi... and that's only cuz they have so many hp's.

i do know this... i've never been famba sheild rushed... yet! :D

don't you remember the roaching debate?

i like the stealth of the starfighter... but that's it. good for spying.

I stand by my a wings and air speeders... their record speaks for themselves... they cripple ground units and mechs with easy. no other unit is as good for a mass rush than a wings. they've finished off quite a # of people for me. eithe rfinished them off or provided me with enough of an advantage to win with ease.

Overall the worst UU is the DarkTrooper. It has almost no use! It costs less then strikes but has more weaknesses and takes longer to build! I never even make DarkTroopers. Maybe that's why they originally gave the imps two UUs(Before CC only the imps had two UUs). A-Wings are not perfect alone and so are the air speeders but combined they are extremel powerful. Like someone else mentionned, the airspeeders take care of mechs and AA mobile while the A-Wings take care of troopers and workers.

Dark Troopers are awesome. You just have to know how to use them. They excel against other troopers. They really shine against naboo royal crusaders and wookie berserkers. Those 2 UU would go through Strike mechs without a problem, but Dark Troopers stop them without a problem. I never build more than 10 or so strike mechs and always build LOTS of dark troopers.

I think the Trade Federation is easy to play, but not hard to beat, so I would probably say it isn't a noob civ. However, one of my friends who I lent GB to finished the Trade Federation campaign and didn't play it anymore because he just thought Droidekas were so good he wouldn't want to be without them. I told him he was an idiot, and that each civ has something you grow to love.

They are definately not for noobs. Noobs often don't get past t3, so all civs are basically the same in t3. The carbon disadvantage i've never even felt, maybe because i build nova/food units and i don't have to build prefabs.

The dark trooper isn't vulnerable to grenadiers and mech destroyers(at least they aren't slaughtered) like sithmaster said. They also are detectors.

I think jedi starfighters are one of the less useful uu's. I had a guy try that corner trick, though at the time all i knew is that he had a jedi fighter. I sent an a-a mobile to the corner i would've gone to and i got it. But i have crippled economies with it, sail over the turrets and kill every worker and don't even get near their aa moblies. most of the workers were dead because of two units. of course, i did this because he had bad tactics in preventing air attack and i had spynet.

Some people credit hdd's too much power. like the noob who made several attacks with them against turrets(shielded) and other superior in combat units.

Archived