Home

Price Per Month

Lord Helmet

So Dia, is it actually 3 times as much or is the exchange rate just that much? I guess the best way to compare would be a movie. Is the monthly cost of say $13, or $40 reais, close to the cost of two tickets to the movies = $15, or $45 reais? Or maybe a single meal at a popular resaurant like the Outback or Macaroni Grill (you have either of those in Brazil?).

Mardigan

Originally posted by MadMardigan

So Dia, is it actually 3 times as much or is the exchange rate just that much? I guess the best way to compare would be a movie. Is the monthly cost of say $13, or $40 reais, close to the cost of two tickets to the movies = $15, or $45 reais? Or maybe a single meal at a popular resaurant like the Outback or Macaroni Grill (you have either of those in Brazil?).

Mardigan

No no, not ALL things are 3 times, just because you see, SWG don´t sell oficially here in BraSil, so, I have to import it, so, I´m paying it all with dollar, and, at this exact second, one real = 3,670 dollars, food is is brazilian, so we pay like, the normal price, we just get prices really high for things bought directly from U.S

But that's just it. The exchange rate as of today is: 3.607 reais to the dollar

He's going to pay like r46.80 reais per month for a month to month subscription if it is $13 american. Dia will also be paying r180 reais for the entire game when it comes out. And what he's saying is that the price of other entertainment products (movies, meals, Brazillian based products) are equivelant to american dollars. So in effect he is paying 3 times as much. And in a lot of cases people will be paying these rates, until the product is imported properly and rates are adjusted for that economy. Which in most cases this is not done. I would guess it is only done for the Euro and the Yen, and possibly the Hong Kong Dollar.

So I hope Sony takes this into account and gives our foreign brothers and even bigger break than we get (couple dollars for us = many dollars for Dia).

Whatever the case, they are fools to charge a penny more per month than $14.95.

Mardigan

Archived