Home

Secret Civ Poll

lukeiamyourdad

Which secret civ would you like besides Ewoks?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which secret civ would you like besides Ewoks?

• True Hutt Civ
    • Jawas/Tusken Civ
    • LucasArts Nerdz civ

Since we cannot settle the secret civ debate through only discussions, I think we should ask what everyone thinks about it with a poll.

Here is a description of the remaining secret civ. We only need another secret civ besides Ewoks so choose carefully.

-True Hutts:

They are basically Hutts! Hutts holding blasters, lightsabers, piloting mechs, flying fighters, etc. They would be a purely Hutt civ.

-Jawas/Tuskens:

This civ is made with both Jawas and Tusken Raiders. You play with sandcrawlers, Jawas with Ion cannons, Tusken Raiders with their banthas, etc.

-LucasArts Nerdz:

This civ is made up with the game designers(including George Lucas as the Jedi Master). They would drive mini-vans as mechs and fly something. Basically they're computer geeks with blasters.

If someone wants to propose another one, feel free.

Chose carefully.

NOTE: This poll was made to ask everyone about which secret civ they would prefer. It differs from the regular Secret Civ thread because this is made to be a pure debate site about which civ is better.

I thought of making this into a poll, but you beat me to it.

I picked Jawas/Tuskens because they are what I am supporting on the other thread. However I'd prefer to not have Tuskens as part of the civ, because:

:atat: It doesn't really make sense with them both together

:atat: Tuskens just don't have as much room for wackiness as Jawas do. What have they got? Banthas and rifles. Jawas could have crazy droids, sandcrawlers, ronto riders, thieves that steal your workers or something... lots of wackiness.

Well heck, if you're going to toss in LucasArts members as a possible secret civ, then I'll toss in my on bids for other LucasArt games as a secret civ. Give me a Monkey Island civ with a bunch of pirates and wannabe pirates (armed with swords and/or muskets), skeletons, pirate ships, vegetarian cannibals, giant robotic monkeys (think assault mech :p), monkeys as workers, evil, demonic skulls... etc. :)

Kryllith

i think you may not realize the magnitude of a staff needed for a project like this... it'd be easy to fill out a cast of characters.

however, indy as a bounty and george lucas as a jedi master would be cool.. they could even make the saber technique training guy from the movies a jedi knight or something.

I could see a mixing of the various lucasart games into a civs, with Indy characters, MI, Sam and Max, Full Throttle, and various others tossed into the mix.

I'd love a pure Monkey Island civ (been thinking of making a mod of it for AoC for some time). If it was made into a civ they could do a lot with it... first they'd change all the Command Centers to taverns. Could have Voodoo priests at healers. Could have various stages of LeChuck as Jedi (Ghost Pirate for Padawan, Zombie Pirate for Knight, Demon Pirate for Master), who would turned converted troopers into skeletons. :)

They'd get a big bonus to gathering gold since they're so devoted to plundering, a few renamed upgrades (insult swordfighting, advance insult swordfighting and the like for trooper upgrades). Their main weakness would be mechs and air, to the point where they might not have either (it's a fun civ afterall, doesn't need to be balanced). I suppose they could have anti-air, basically in the form of special cannons, so at least they could defend against it. Could probably have some form of mech in beastial or undead form. If nothing else, they could be a decent water power (especially considering all the different cannon upgrades in Curse of Monkey Island). Given the limitations it would probably work better on the AoC system (more smaller units).

Kryllith

Hmm.

Well, I agree with Vostok that Tuskens shouldn't be mixed with Jawas. A Jawas-only civ would be fine, and fun.

As for the LA Nerdz- I've always liked this idea. It would make for a lot of craziness and fun, and would probably also be enjoyable for the developers. Hell, they could put themselves in!

But I've been thinking. Couldn't you just call the whole civ "Lucas Cast and Crew"? Then you could have the LA staff and movie actors (eg Harrison Ford, George Lucas, Garry Gaber), as well as game characters (eg Guybrush, the Voodoo Lady, Sam+Max, Ben), with anything else Lucas-ish tossed into the mix (eg book authors, movie producers, spin-offs).

I also think the True Hutts are pretty cool and amusing. And hey, I came up with them, so I like them. :D

But I still don't know what to vote for... oh well. I hope my ideas were helpful.

Luke's dad: Well, you wouldn't need to have the actors, but I think it would be fun. After all, they would be quite different to the Han and Luke heroes available in the editor. They could even be voiced by the real people- hey, all the LA Nerdz could be!

It might cost a bit of money though (to get all the actors back in, and so on)...

Archived