Home

Help for n00b!

Skate Boy

I'm stuck in the very first Monkey Island game. I'm still in the first town, and I have a few problems...

1. Where can I get the money for the shovel and sword in the old grumpy guys shop? I only have one eight, or whatever they're called, and I don't know where to get more.

2. I can't get to the governer's mansion! I can't get passed the Piranna poodles. I keep giving them the meat from that kitchen in the Scumm bar, but when I give it to them, they eat it and I can't move till they're done. I thought maybe I would give them enough till tey're full, but I have given them three or four pieces of meat.

Help!

1. You should earn it, try getting a temporary job.

2. Pirhana poodles love meat, but they also have bottomless stomachs, they will only stop attacking you when they sleep.

If you want even more direct hints then you can ask, but most people prefer not to be told a straight answer

Sorry for the double post.:o

Ok, I've done quite a lot, I got the job at the circus, so I bought the sword and shovel and map(:rolleyes: ). I went to the sword trainer, and got trained. He told me to learn insults, so I did, I think I learned all that I can, I've been learning for an hour now. So I try to go back to the trainers, but he doesn't answer. So I go to the shop to see if I can fight the master. The guy still tells me that she wants me to jump in the lake......crap, right as I'm writing this I thought..."This game is weird enough that it might want me to jump in the lake". Maybe I should try it.

I also still can't get passed the dogs, though. I feed them meat, stewed meat even, and nothing happens. I can't get them to sleep!

Help again, please!

the man in the shop goes off to find the sword master and then comes back after a while and tells you to go jump in the lake. so obviously the man in the shop knows where she is and knows how to get there. how can you find out where she is using this information plus the fact that he always goes after her when you ask.

and also, the poodles will eat meat, they will eat stewed meat, then they will eat tainted meat, and will eat meat no more.

I got into the building. Tainted meat was pretty easy since I already had the flower petal. I went into the house and walked in that one door...:lol: God, this game is so funny.

"Look at Yak with wax lips""Push yak with wax lips""Pick up stapler""Use stapler with Yak with wax lips"

:lol:

EDIT: Ok, it seems as though I'm asking for help with everything and...well...maybe I am, but...Where do I find the file?

Ok, thanks I gave him the Gopher repelant.

ARe you on this island for the whole time? It seems that there should be more places to go. I can't figure out where to go now. I feel into the water, got out, got invited to Marleys place...after I find the treasure. Is it in the woods somewhere?

EDIT: Nevermind, after wandering around the forest wih no purpose, I found a great big X with a T-Shirt...great treasure.:rolleyes::D

What a lazy bunch of butt-holes me crew is! I don't know what to do, I've lit the cannon twice, it doesn't affect them, I can't talk to them any more. And I've gone all around the ship and found like evrything I can! Help!

Sorry for double post, but I have to so people will see this.:)

Archived