Home

flyingreborn?

master_thomas

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but some enemies (I've noticed reborn and Desann) have unlimited jump hight. I learned this a while ago in a failed project. I was in an extremely tall tower (it took almost 20 seconds to reach the ground if you fell) and reborn were jumping over me from the ground. I had fun gripping them at level three and dropping them. :) Has anyone else noticed this? It's weird.

Originally posted by Katarn07

Desann and Reborn don't in MP maps... I Force push them into a pit, they don't die, but can't get out....

I'm talking about CTF_bespin. Near where the flags would be.

yeah, we were talking about SP. i dont see why theyd be able to jump unimaginably high in MP, force powers only go up to 3 for everyone there. in SP, if you use noclip to go on top of where the lights are in pit (the walkway thing high up), and there are jedi/sith on the ground, they will jump up to get you. though if they accidentally walk off or miss, they die :p.

Originally posted by Katarn07

Not at all what I meant.

Start a SP game, get the console up, type map CTF_bespin

Spawn in Desann and Reborn, put them in the pit where the flag platforms are suspended. Use noclip to get out. They can't get out...

ah, i see...perhaps there actually is a limit to their jump height, but im not sure after what master_thomas said.

Maybe, I did exxagerate a little, maybe by 3 seconds of drop, but still. That is much higher than any of the original Jedi Outcast maps go. I've experimented with noclip and they don't appear to have a limit. Maybe the makers of the original levels did something special. Sometimes, also, I notice that Tavion will "double-jump". I threw her off once and she jumped in mid air and survived. :bounce3:. It was one of those horizontal flips the jedi do around corners (I've seen some fly into chazms like that) :rolleyes:. Anyway, they don't appear to have a limit. I made my own version of the duelpit for personal use and they jumped far higher than those lights.

But Katarn, do they die? They have A.I. though it's not very reliable-some reborn of many kinds do the side cartwheel thing and fall. It could be the trigger hurt that are killing them. If they don't, they may be avoiding it. They don't work on visibility so maybe they "see" it and aren't stupid enough to touch it.

The reason dessan/reborns can jump so high in sp its because they are suposed to folow you wherever you go, this was mencioned when the game was being developed, no matter how high you are they will be able to folow.

Want a quick way to kill tavion/reborns grip them quickly and trow them right above you, use push on them they will fly so high, that they will die forme the fall. It´s quite amusing.

I would like to try those admin commands on desann. let's see... ahh slap at the highest peak and /msleep and oh /mbunny. heh heh whenever I get try and fight the big guy he jumps on my head then zaps me along with throwing his saber so when I stand up blzzz I'm dead but whenever I try to hop on his head he just flinches hes got everything on his side(ecept cheats:D) heh heh. god mode and and ATST yeah he gos bye bye!!! P.S. for another great way to get rid of enemys is to grip +lightning + throw and they go down (just make sure it's one guy other wise your out of force)

Archived