Home

Beyond the Crystal Edge

Guest Jed

Brittany stayed awake for several more hours, thinking about her sister and these two men she had met that day. She felt that the Force had some reason for bringing them together, but what was it? She shook her head as if to clear the thought.

Minutes later, she was stretched out on the floor, asleep.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

- Without delay, Shado jumped to his feet, blaster pointed at Rick's head. Rick stood there frozen. Brittany was still asleep. Shado realized it was his friend and holstered his blaster. -

=Shado Vorn=

Sorry, Rick. It's a reflex I've come to depend on to stay alive. What are you doing up anyway?

- As he waited for a reply, he noticed Brittany was asleep on the floor. He shook his head and picked Brittany up and gently placed her in his bed and put his cover over her. He then returned to his conversation with Rick. -

- Shado let out a small laugh. -

=Shado=

It's okay buddy. I'd just prefer you had told me earlier. I would be more than happy to show you around, but I think right now we should get some sleep.

=Rick=

That sounds all well and good, but I can't sleep.

=Shado=

I know the feeling. I haven't exactly had much of a chance to ever since I got a bounty placed on my head. Oh well. I guess in a way I deserve it.

- Shado and Rick sat down across from eachother. -

=Rick=

Deserved it? Don't be rediculous. Surely you don't really believe that ...

=Shado=

Of course I do. I was a bounty hunter. A cold blooded one at that. I deserve my fate. I'm just trying to make up for what I've done while I'm still alive.

=Rick=

What do you mean by "still alive"?

=Shado=

I've got skills, I'm not going to deny it, but I can't run forever. Someone out there could kill me at any moment. I'm expecting it. My guard will never go down. Hell ... for all I know, you or Brittany could be waiting to collect it.

=Rick=

ME OR BRITTANY?

- Rick forgot that Brittany was sleeping, but remembered and lowered his voice. -

=Rick=

Me or Brittany? How could you say such a thing?

- Shado sighed and looked down. -

=Shado=

I don't mean to sound harsh or anything, but I fell in love. I cared about someone, and in the end, I almost got killed because of it. When things like that happen, you tend to build a wall between you and everyone else. I'm not saying that I think you and/or Brittany will try to kill me, but because of my past experiences, I can't rule out that possibility. I'm sorry.

- Rick shook his head. -

=Rick=

That's no way to live, man.

- Shado looked back up at Rick. -

=Shado=

Isn't it? That's the only choice I have right now. I'm not concerned about whether I live or die, I just want my last days to be spent helping those in need. That's the whole reason I became a Jedi. To attone for my past mistakes.

=Rick=

You don't have to close yourself up to everyone in the process though.

=Shado=

Yeah ... I know. You're right. You're a good guy, Rick. I can feel the light side of the Force flowing through you. You just haven't been dealt the card in life that I have. I don't expect you to understand what I'm going through, I just want you to be my friend. You're doing a good job of it, though. I appreciate it.

=Rick=

Yeah .. you're not so bad yourself, Shado. I bet you'd make a fine Jedi, if you'd allow yourself to. I'm tired now. I think I'll get some rest. I expect a tour from you in the morning though ... okay?

- Shaden smiled. -

=Shado=

You got it!

- Rick walked over to his bed, slipped into it, and quickly fell asleep. Shado sat for a moment in thought. He decided to go to sleep himself. As he was about to enter his bed, he noticed that Hero wasn't hopping around the ship anywhere. Shado quickly drew his blaster just in case, but stopped and looked at it. -

=Shado=

No .... no more. I'm a Jedi now. Time to start acting like one.

- Shado placed his blaster on a counter by his bed. He then looked around for Hero. He checked every room but could find no trace of Hero. Suddenly, he heard a cooing sound coming from outside the ship. He gripped his lightsaber just in case there was danger. He opened the door to the ship, and quietly walked down the ramp. He quietly scoped out the area but could see no sign of Hero. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Shado was smacked in the back of his head from a stranger's blaster gun. -

=?=

It's about damn time I cought up to you and your annoying little Gizka friend! Now I'll be finishing the job I started. Say goodbye, Shado Vorn.

- The mysterious attacker was in fact, Cassus Fett. Cassus readied his blaster and aimed it at Shado's head .... -

- Shado rubbed the back of his head with a painful expression on his face. He looked at Cassus and then at Brittany and Rick. -

=Shado=

Thanks for the save. I need to train a hell of a lot more. I should have been able to sense Cassus before he attacked me .... I still have a lot to learn.

- Shado, Rick, and Brittany looked around for Hero. They finally came across a small cage that Cassus had placed him in. Shado quickly unlocked the cage and released his friend. Hero cooed as if relieved to see his friends. -

=Shado=

You alright lil' guy?

- Shado pet Hero and Hero cooed a happy response. Shado walked over to Fett, picked him up, and placed him over his shoulder. They all returned to the ship together. Shado dropped Cassus on the floor intentionally, as if purposely showing disrespect to his corpse. Shado sat on his bed and stayed quiet for a few minutes. -

=Brittany=

So ... what now?

- Shado looked at Brittany. He smiled as a plan formed in his mind. -

=Shado=

Now, I strip Cassus of his armor and helmet.

=Rick=

Uh ... say what?

- Without a reply, Shado proceeded to strip Fett of his armor and helmet. -

=Shado=

I have a plan to free myself of the bounty on my head. I'll need both of your help though, of course.

=Brittany=

Sure .. anything you need. What do you want us to do?

=Shado=

I'm going to dress like Cassus Fett. I'm going to use the dead Cassus and pretend that he's me. I'm going to find the Hutt that put that bounty on my head, bring him this dead body, and collect the very hefty bounty he put on my head ... heh ... kinda like poetic justice ... anyway, this isn't going to be a pretty thing to pull off. I'll have to disfigure Cassus's face to a point where he can't be identified. I may have to just drop him in some lava or something and pull him back out. I can't risk him being identified as Fett. So .... are you in?

- Brittany and Rick looked at Shado, then at eachother. Surely there were tons of questions running in their minds. Maybe some doubt as well. Shado interupted their thoughts. -

=Shado=

Look, I'll understand if you don't want to get involved. I just really don't want to do this ... alone. I'm so tired of being alone. I need you two. Will you help me?

- Shado waited for a response. -

- Shado paused for a moment and then grabbed his blaster. -

=Shado=

I have a better idea. This will be a bit messy, so don't look.

- Brittany and Rick looked away. Shado shot off a few blaster shots to Cassus's face. He certainly wasn't recognizable anymore. -

=Shado=

I have to put on his armor and helmet, so uh ... I'll be in the other room for a few minutes. Thanks.

- Shado went in to the other room with Cassus' armor and helmet in his arms. He took off his clothes and began changing into Fett's armor.-

=OOC=

We need a main villain in this, so if you two have any ideas, feel free to share.

- Shado blushed a bit under the armor -

=Shado=

Well ... heh ... the armor is all well and good in the height department, it's just he has small feet, so his boots are killing mine at the moment. So the sooner we get this done, the better!

- Without another word, Shado started up his ship. After spending a little time in space, he kicked the ship into lightspeed. Soon after, they had arrived to where Shado got a lead on the Hutt who put a bounty on his head. -

=Rick=

Where we headin', Shado?

=Shado=

Tatooine. Hope you have a lot of water packed away. We'll need it.

=Rick=

The Hutt's on Tatooine eh?

=Brittany=

Well it certainly isn't unheard of ...

- After a brief moment of silence, the trio broke into a heavy laughter. Shado was the first to stop. He looked at Brittany and felt a warmth in his heart that he hadn't felt in a while. He quickly shook it off and brought his attention back to flying. Elsewhere, a new threat was preparing to arise for the trio .... -

=OOC=

That'd be cool, wildjedi. Go ahead and start the next rp as the villain.

Meanwhile, on a planet far away from the trio, two reptillian Jedi are trapped in a dark room. They are huddled in a corner, wondering how they will get out. Suddenly, a door on the catwalks above the floor opens. It shuts instantly after it opens and the Jedi can feel. A dark presence has entered the room.

One of the Jedi begins to choke, but is suddenly released. Their lightsabers clank to the ground at their feet. They instantly activate their lightsabers, bathing the room in green and blue light, but still leaving many shadows. A shadow separates from a larger one and steps into the light. The Jedi tense. A woman?

She is not carrying anything, or is she? Reaching to her back, she brings forth an odd lightsaber. It has a long handle. The woman backs away from the two Jedi and they step forward. Once again she backs away and once again the Jedi follow her.

Suddenly, with an instant reaction the Jedi leap forward as the woman activates two crimson blades from her lightsaber. One of them lands behind her and the other in front. An evil smile crosses her face.

In a fluid motion, the woman leaps out of the way of the Jedi, causing their lightsabers to clash. Then, moving quickly, she beheads them both as they stand.

"Too easy," she mutters. She activates a comlink. "I am ready, master."

- Elsewhere, Shado's ship, the Widowmaker, lands on Tatooine. Shado, Brittany, and Rick prepare to exit the ship. Hero hops toward them as if wanting to follow, but Shado motions for Hero to stay put. -

=Shado=

Listen lil' buddy, I know you want to come with us, but this time I need you to stay on the ship. In fact ... Brittany, Rick, I need you two to stay on the ship and let me get off first. I can't let anyone see you with me. I'm supposed to be Cassus Fett, remember.

- Without waiting for a reply, Shado exits the ship. -

=Shado thinks to himself=

Good thing the Czerka Corperation isn't here to collect a docking fee. I forgot my credits back on the ship anyway.

- Shado proceeds to make his way to Tatooine's Cantina, where Avo the Hutt does his business. Rick and Brittany prepare to exit the ship, they know better than to let Shado go alone, they'll just keep some distance though. -

=Brittany=

Stay here and protect the ship, okay, Hero?

- Hero coos in agreement. Rick gives Brittany an odd look as the two exit the ship. -

=Brittany=

What? Why are you looking at me like that?

=Rick=

"Protect the ship"?

=Brittany=

Well he agreed to it .. didn't he?

- Rick shrugs in response. The two slowly make their way to the cantina. Little known to them, Hero is also following them. Shado enters the cantina to find Avo the Hutt sitting there with the same look on his face that Shado has seen one too many times before. Greed. Shado walks up to Avo. -

=Shado=

I'm here to collect on the bounty of Shado Vorn.

=Avo=

Are you? What proof do you have of his death?

- Shado pulls out his old blaster from his bounty hunting days, he gives it one last look as if saying goodbye to it. He hands it to Avo. Avo studies it and then studies Shado or who he thinks is Cassus Fett. -

=Shado=

If that's not enough proof, I have his dead corpse on my ship.

- Shado mentally crossed his fingers in hopes that the blaster would be enough proof for Avo. -

=Avo=

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! So he is finally dead. He has been killed by the great Cassus Fett. There is no need of any further proof, the only way you would have gotten this blaster is from is cold dead grip.

=Shado=

That's exactly how I got it.

=Avo=

Then all that is left now is for me to pay you!

- Avo motioned for his Twi'lek enforcer to come forward. The Twi'lek came to Shado with a suit case in his hands. He handed the case to Shado then returned to Avo's side. -

=Avo=

One million credits! You are officially a rich man, Cassus Fett! Well done. The credits are all there, you can count it if you wish.

- Shado knew that Avo always made good on his debts, and that it was not wise to stay any longer than he had to. -

=Shado=

Nice doing business with you, Avo. I may return soon for another job.

=Avo=

Oh I doubt that, Shado.

- Not good. Shado knew right away that his cover was blown. He reached for his lightsaber and a quick snap hiss sound was heard throughout the cantina. He was in a lot of trouble now. -

=Avo=

How stupid do you take me for, Shado Vorn?

=Shado=

Do you really want me to answer that?

=Avo=

Ha ha ha ha ha! Funny man till the end I see. I knew from the start that you were Shado Vorn. Besides, Cassus would never take the money and run without counting it first. But that is not how I knew it was you. You see, you've been followed all the way to this cantina, Shado Vorn.

=Shado=

Oh? By whom?

=Avo=

By a new business associate of mine. She knows you are a Jedi. Her business with you is her own, but she sent some Sith troopers here to deal with you. Nice knowing you, Shado Vorn.

- Shado readied his lightsaber but it was too late for him. He was surrounded by too many Sith troopers to successfully defend himself. He had no choice but to surrender. His only hope now, was Brittany and Rick. He hoped in the back of his mind that they had not been found as well. -

=Sith trooper=

You're coming with us, Shado. Someone very special wants to meet you.

=Shado=

A date with a Wookie sounds more tempting then going with you guys. No offense to any Wookies ... of course.

=Sith Trooper=

Funny. Not funny enough. Take him way.

- Shado was forced to board a ship of the Sith. Elsewhere, Brittany and Rick were facing their own problem. Some Sith troopers were in fact surrounding them as well. They, however, had better odds and more skill as Jedi than Shado. They prepared to fight as Shado was taken away from Tatooine. They were too late to save him, but that didn't mean they couldn't follow the ship ... -

=OOC=

Nice rp, wildjedi. I think that a female dark lord would be pretty cool. I don't really know what the Sith Lord wants with Shado, so help me out and make something up. I think that the female Jedi should be the Sith Lord though, in my opinion. Maybe she heard of Shado's skill and wants him to join her, or maybe she has other interests ... whatever. Up to you.

=OOC=

Shado was already captured and taken off the planet. Rick and Brittany have to finish off the troopers and head to Shado's ship to catch up with the Sith and follow them to wherever he's being taken to.

- Shado watched through a window in his cell/room and could see the planet Tatooine getting smaller and smaller as the Sith ship flew further and further away from it. Shado had been stripped of Fett's armor and was given a prisoner outfit to wear. Shado hoped that his friends were doing okay, even if he'd never see them again. He hoped they would look for him. His thoughts were suddenly interupted as a few Sith soldiers entered his room. Shado could not defend himself because he was covered in shackles. He sat up against a wall and waited to see what the troopers would do. -

=Sith Trooper 1=

I've heard about you and your "great" skill, Shado Vorn. You don't look anything special to me.

=Sith Trooper 2=

Careful, he's a "Jedi" now!

=Sith Trooper 1=

Oooooo! A former bounty hunter turned Jedi! You must be one tough son of a blaster!

=Sith Trooper 3=

I don't see what makes him so special. Shackle up a Jedi and they're just like any other brainless animal in a cage. Ha!

=Shado Vorn=

Actually, I'm even more of an animal when I'm not in shackles. Care to try me?

=Sith Trooper 2=

You just keep your mouth shut, nobody said you could speak.

=Shado Vorn=

Just because I'm your prisoner, doesn't mean I have to listen to a damn thing you say you core slime bantha breathed poo doo eatin' son of a ...

=Sith Trooper 2=

THAT'S IT!

- The trooper took his blaster rifle and began decking Shado in the stomach with it repeatedly. One of the other troopers finally stopped him. -

=Sith Trooper 1=

Hey, I'd like nothing more than to watch you beat this scum into nothing, but we have specific orders that he is captured alive. Don't forget that.

=Sith Trooper 3=

Yeah, alive, but I don't recall hearing anything about "in perfect condition".

=Sith Trooper 1=

Good point.

- The three sith troopers then started beating down on a defensless Shado Vorn. Shado finally passed out from the pain. Afterward, the Sith captain entered the room and ordered the three to cease their actions. -

=Sith Trooper 1=

"Bounty hunter turned Jedi" ... what a load of garbage. Ha!

- The Sith then left Shado passed out in his cell/room. -

When Shado regained consciousness, he was in a dark room. He could tell that there were two levels to it. After wandering around for a moment, he stumbled over a pile of bodies. He frowned as he realized that it was the troopers that had knocked him out. He went a little further and found the two reptilian Jedi who had been killed before.

Suddenly, he looked up. A source of light had been powered on and he could see that the floor of the second level was made of glass. Two people were fighting. Both had red lightsabers and Shado wondered what they were fighting about. Presently, he found he could hear what they were saying.

"I have trained you well," the elder one said. The younger one laughed and Shado jumped. A woman?

"Too well, former master," she said. Shado felt his blood run cold. He had heard that voice before. "I shall defeat you."

With a leap, the woman avoided the blade of her master and activated the second blade on her lightsaber.

"I've been holding back," she said coldly. Suddenly, Shado knew where he had heard that voice. It was shared by two people he knew. Could it be possible that Marli had survived?

Then Shado heard a screech and looked up. The woman's lightsaber was cutting slowly through her master's chest. With one last cry, he fell to the floor and the woman turned to look down at Shado.

"We meet again, Shado Vorn," she said. This time Shado knew for a fact that it was Marli.

"But I killed you," Shado objected. Marli smirked.

"Yes you did," she replied. "And I'd like to return the favor, but I'm going to let you sit here for a while. Maybe your pitiful friends will get here and I'll have three times the fun."

With a laugh, she left the room and the light went out, leaving Shado in darkness.

Archived