Home

The Journals of the Marqui De Sade. should they...

El Sitherino

Should they be sold?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should they be sold?

• yes
    • no.what kind of sick stuff is this? it shouldnt even be published

Do you guys know that the books Sade wrote are 200 years old?

They are an interesting read, although a strange one he was, he did write very passionately. Seriously, does anyone here believe that the illustrations on the cover of the book that InsaneSith is refering to are the original illustrations? If even the first editions had illustrations on the cover. Have you even seen any of the illustrations inside the book? Or any deviant art from 200 years ago? Does it really repulse and revolt you?

The Marquis de Sade was an interesting man who lived during an interesting period of history. His writings give us insight into his life, and to the times. And you would want to take this away? To hide this in the back of a bookstore, for the childrens sake? If a child is in a bookstore, it is for the books. In this mecca of knowledge, you would attempt to withold knowledge. I reckon you could put the book behind closed doors, and you could stand guard in you jack boots while bearing your iron cross.

It's been quite some time since I've read anything from Sade, and I don't remember too much of it. But I do know that nothing he wrote is really innovative, or so arcane as to be the only source for it. If someone wants to sexually torture another, I seriously doubt that they would be lost unless they had the complete works of Sade to guide them.

I don't see why this information should be censored.

There seems to be a % of humans who believe "others" will be corrupted by information.

If you are not into Sades lifestyle, his writing will not inspire you to try. I promise.

Archived