Home

Red Backslash !!!!!

danleth

okay, there is something funny going on here..

Ive worked out the moves and can pretty much fight my way around anything but the red backslash. Problem is the 'clan jedis' seem to be able to execute it faster than me.

So ive practiced and practiced til dawn many times and still they do it faster (I have the mouse (yawspeed) on high sensitivity).

So I decided to 'spectate' for a few days to learn the secrets.. and would you know it..some players are executing the red backslash without turning around 180 degrees!!!! No wonder they could do it faster than me.

Common scenario: Im spectating on the back of a guy who is cutting everyone to ribbons, and he's running around with his saber off. As soon as someone comes near him his saber is on and simultaeneously executing the red backslash without him doing a 180 degree turn first. Person near him dies.

How are these players executing the red backslash without turning around? Ive been spectating for ages now and I see it over and over again! I know they're not doing a 180 really quickly (scripting yawspeed 3000 etc) because they don't even turn at all.

I wanna do it too!!!!!

dan.

Yeah, I thought it might be that too. But after watching it over and over Im convinced its not a script

I know how to script a backslash, but even in a script you end up facing with your back to the target (briefly) before executing the move.

These guys are executing the backslash almost 100% of the time,

from near the front and to the side. They are not turning away from their opponent!

dan.

So I'm not going crazy? It is possible to execute a red bs without turning around, all by using a script?

Sometimes it even seemed the attacker didn't have to be standing next to a target to do a red bs!!

Can someone please PM me the "red 'front' backslash" script so I can at least challenge these guys at theor own level? I don't need the old 180 degree turn+back+attack script - I can do this pretty quick manually - I just want to have the red front bs in reserve (A red bs without turning away from target).

I prefer using blue/yellow combo's for the real Star Wars feeling, but I don't wanna be suckered out by scripters.

thanks, Dan.

sorry knight kama, but im still not getting it

I upp'd my yawspeed, try a left or right turn, then back+attack..

..but keeps doing a standard chop wherever the turn ends.

very occasionally it will do a backslash if the turn happens to stop facing away from the target.

is there some secret bind im missing out on here?

..i just tried going back into a FFA server and got backslashed over and over and no-one turned around 180 to do it! they are doing backslashes from the front and it isn't fair!

when I ask the player how they did it I get no reply.

dan.

pleeaase PM me with a technique on how to do it

• 3 weeks later...

There's a couple 1.04 servers that have the 1.03 settings. And no it's not all scripting. In 1.03 I could do a pull-turn-backstab combo pretty damn fast and I never had it scripted. Sheesh. I'm really tired of people blaming the reason they died on someone using a script. Since there's no aimbots for this game, and they can't claim that, it's GOT to be a script. How bout it's just someone who's quicker to the draw then you? Man I lost track how many times I've been called a scripter, it's hillarious. I'm sure Unnamed can say they same thing. Attack scripts in this game aren't ALL that helpful. Especially attacks that involve timing from different distances.

Back to the backstab. Turn up your yawspeed and mouse sensitivity so that a simple flick of the wrist puts your back to the opponent then quickly tap back and attack. It's not necessary to script. And as far as the super spins go, that's all yawspeed and mouse sensitivity. You can script it, but why waste the time? You have more control over it if you don't script it and you can adjust.

But like I said, people always would prefer to cry foul rather then admit they got beat up by a better player.

Hi fallen, yeah Im the first one to admit when Ive been beaten by a better player, but thats not why I started this thread.

Some are executing the backslash from the front or to the side - without even the slightest hint of a 'quick flick' turn. Several times recently (on 1.02/03 servers) ive seen ppl do a bs without being anywhere near to another player.

smells like a hack to me. ill try and get a demo if poss.

dan.

Archived