Home

which mi character do you find most annoying?

who is the most annoying?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. who is the most annoying?

• herman
    • dinghy dog
    • stan
    • elaine
    • Mr. Fossey

judging from the fact that there hasn't been a poll in quite a while... i start a new one!

ok, the topic, as you can see is "which character is most annoying?" not to start anything like a hate-thread thing, but just to see what everyone's opinion is.

i'd have to say that the most annoying character out of all the games is... dinghy dog.

"don't hit your ol' pal dinghy dog": nice try, but it's just not cutting it, okay? it's more obnoxious and annoying than it is funny. the only funny thing about it was how guybrush was hitting him. i wouldn't even call it a hit. it was like he placed his hand on dinghy dog. but here are my most annoying for the rest of the games and why, if you want to you can do this also:

mi1- probably herman. he showed up about every five seconds, and i was like, okay, when is this retard gonna get off my screen so i can play more? he didn't even say anything useful or even remotely funny, either.

mi2- the librararian. i dreaded stepping in there. "ssshhhhh!!!" aaaaaugghh!

mi3- dinghy dog. i already said why.

mi4- the old guy that's a puppeteer. he says the same thing over and over again, and it takes forever to finally get him to go away.

Originally posted by Suuri Yksl

mi1- probably herman. he showed up about every five seconds, and i was like, okay, when is this retard gonna get off my screen so i can play more? he didn't even say anything useful or even remotely funny, either.

i remember when you see the man that got hung and heman comes along and tells you it was his partner. when you ask how he got hung, herman says that he was trying to put up a swing. i laughed my arse off then.

On a strange sidenote, the guy who played Mr. Fossey is also Raiden in MGS2, and Timon from the "Timon & Pumba" TV show. True :).

Anyway, I voted for Elaine, because she always ticked me off in MI2 when I was a kid (for some reason), and I despised her in EMI...eck.

It was definitely Herman Toothrot... he is always around and is always jabbering on about things that have nothing to do with anything... then again, the Voodoo Lady is pretty anoying as well with her lame riddles and the spoiling of the game.

I'm going to sulk in the darkness now... :bdroid1:

• 4 weeks later...

I liked Elaine in MI1, MI2, and CMI. She was cool. What the heck happened during their honeymoon? She was a pill in EMI. "Go do what you do best: running unimportant errands, blah blah." They also made Guybrush even more clueless, somehow making her even more annoying.

In the other games, (mainly MI1 and CMI, but also in MI2) you get the feeling that she actually liked him (considering she married him). But in EMI, she lost her cool accent and became a power-hungry jerk. haha, maybe SHE should become an undead villain for the next game.

Murrey is cool, don't pay him out! I think he's one of the best characters in the series. I remember the first time I played CMI. I just loved the way he was always popping up everywhere. I mean, the guy's got no legs. Ha, ha... get it? And he's just plain funny.

• 2 weeks later...

Human was annoying in MI1 and funny in MI2 (although exasperating because of the whole shortcut thing).

Kenny was annoying sometimes, but I find myself skipping his dialogue a lot so I don't remember how much (and I can't find mi CMI disk :()

I think every game should give you the possibility to do something mean to characters some people find annoying. Like in MI2, you have to nail Stan into the coffin. (although, I like Stan in MI1-3) There should be the option to stick "Kenny" in the vat of dye, the ability to toss your icecream in Dinghy Dog's face, pull Herman's beard, etc.

Forgive me for being so morbid. lol

Oh, another thing, why is DJG not on this poll? This would be the one and only place I would vote for DJG.

Archived