Home

How to cap a skeleton???

Charmin Deluxe

Yesterday i got q3 of a freid to look for good textures or models ... and i found the skeleton model .. ok everthing is done but ... how to cap it??? do the caps have to exist? or must they be on the same places they are on the original models?

are there any tools in 3dsmax or milkshape can help me capping the model?

http://darth-arth.net/~charmin/ja/skel.jpg

Caps are not necessary. They do not have a specific position, their position will vary with each character.

As long as you detach and label your body parts correctly and create the caps at those extremities, there's no problem. But dont forget to align the cap tags to the center of the caps.

Here's a tip from my tutorial:

(Assuming you have detached the body parts correctly)

Tips on Creating caps (For 3D max):

"Here's how i create caps...In sub-object mode/edges, i select the open edges, obviously, then hold shift + the uniform scale tool, your edges wil extrude inwards, once extruded a few % i just select collapse.

Once that's done, i select the faces that make the caps and hit detach and rename the cap, the resulting surface is a perfect average of all the edges it was created from and lines up perfectly with its parent mesh. Dont forget to uvw map and assign your cap texure or texture file from the stormtrooper."

It's not very detailed, but i hope you can understand the "technique".

Archived