Home

need cutscene help!!!!

lukeskywalker1

ok i retryed the tutorial...... i did everything it said, but still it said the same thing

could not load 'scripts/cin/cin1.IBI'

does anyone know any good cutscene tutorials? or does anyone know how to set up BehavEd because i think i have it set up wrong or something.....

anyways thanks for any help u can give me....

-lukeskywalker1

AK's article is here:

http://www.commandchamber.net/articles/cutscenes

The site is on and off at the moment, something to do with an electronic attack on the people who run their server I think. (Looks around suspiciously).

You say you're not sure you've configured ICARUS right? Have you looked at one of my other tutorials on configuring ICARUS?

http://www.geocities.com/kengomaps/tutorials_1.html

Hmmmm, ok then....

If we just look at the possible problems:

Make sure you compiled the script

Make sure the ibi file (the ibi file must be there, the txt file doesn't matter) cin1 is in the cin file inside the scipts file, which should be in the base folder

Make sure that the target_scriptrunner has the value cin/cin1, not scripts/cin/cin1 or anything else

If you check all those and the script has definately been compiled, the ibi file of the right name is in the right place and the target_scriptrunner is running the right script from the right place, and you still get that error in the map, then go ahead and post the actual script here.

Glad to hear the script is working, thats the first step, and the hardest :)

OK, where did you put the ref_tag? Make sure it is in the right place, inside the map, everything being black could mean its outside of the map somewhere.

Make sure it is pointing at an info_null.

Hey, wait a second....there are lights in your map right? If not...it will all be dark but you will be able to hear the reborn....is that it?

Archived