Home

what programs do i use for creating new skins and wepons?

bm20950

Depends. Do you want to change or make new skins of characters/weapons or change their structure?

I have little experience in either.

For texturing, use a program like photoshop or paintshop pro. Look in your assets0 folder for the "skins" folder(I think) and copy the file you want to base it on, say, a reborn(good for a lot, many uses for a generic guy in a hood:)). Rename it and paste it back into the skins folder and open it. Edit the .skin files as you like, including the icon. This is what's shown on the skin selection and the leaderboard in MP. I think that will give you a new skin.

For the structure, you need a new model, which requires milkshape or Gmax (I think that's the name). Unfortunately, I don't know the URL to download it from, but search the forums or the web for milkshape. I find it very difficult to use and haven't found a tutorial for it yet.

One more thing. Since this is your first post, I won't blame you, but for future reference so that incorrectly placed threads are less frequent, this belongs under "general editing".

Ok

the worlds best skin software with out a doubt is Adobe Photoshop, paint shop pro has nothing on Photoshop. NOTHING!

Get Photoshop and do a search for Photoshop tutorials on your fav search engine. You will get thousands of results no question of course Photoshop comes with help files and tutorials. It’s the industry standard and no one has built a better graphics package.

I have been using Photoshop since 1996 it was Photoshop 3 back then I have used psp (paint shop pro but it doesn’t even scratch the surface compared to Photoshop)

As one of my Graphic design teaches said "You could change one thing in your design such as layer opacity, layer mode, apply a filter or color change in the end have an entirely new image. There are a million and one things to learn and after that the combinations are infinite.” So you decide.

As for creating sabers and weapons you are talking about modeling in 3d. Use 3Ds max , Maya, milkshape or any 3d package you like. As long as you can export as md3, get the plugs for md3. import /export

Personally I use milkshape to covert the original mesh to.3ds to work in 3Ds max 5.

I make my changes or create my own use the original tags. Then export as .md3 and later convert to .glm using the jk2 sdk (Ravens jk2 edit tools both sets)

Good luck :)

svösh

Yes Paint Shop Pro rules, anything someone can do in photoshop I can do in PSP twice as easy, you dont have to be a rocket scientist. I like to use a program called LithUnwrap to unwrap the model before I paint the actual texture.

I've made a couple models for Half-Life never for JK2. I wanna get into JK2 modelling. I just have a problem. I have Ray Dream Studio I use, This worked great for Half-life, I would model it then Export into Milkshape to do the skeleton and such.

I just cant figure out how I could do this for JK2. How do I do all the Vertex weighing and such if I DON'T have 3d Studio Max. There is no way in HELL I can afford 3ds $3,000. So does any one else Know of any good alternatives?? Thanx

Originally posted by Imperial_thug

Yes Paint Shop Pro rules, anything someone can do in photoshop I can do in PSP twice as easy, you dont have to be a rocket scientist.

R U sure about that ? lol ( I Don't build rockets ;) ) looks to me the makers of psp have taken some of the features from photoshop. humm wonder why? :D

I've made a couple models for Half-Life never for JK2. I wanna get into JK2 modelling. I just have a problem. I have Ray Dream Studio I use, This worked great for Half-life, I would model it then Export into Milkshape to do the skeleton and such.

I just cant figure out how I could do this for JK2. How do I do all the Vertex weighing and such if I DON'T have 3d Studio Max. There is no way in HELL I can afford 3ds $3,000. So does any one else Know of any good alternatives?? Thanx

If you would enable pm's ( private messages ) I will tell you how there.

svösh

Archived