Home

The Attack on Yavin series(SP)

master_thomas

Originally posted by master_thomas

Okay, I was actually just thinking about adding engine noise.

The ending cutscene takes place a small amount of time after you hit the button. I'll add an imperial craft and show the jedi jump down the hole. I'll also remove Kyle from the cutscene, focus the camera on Luke, and end the fight in half the time. After the half, the player runs over to finish the fight. Once all shadowtroopers are defeated, the very end will happen, now, where do you want the camera?

I'll make it so the breakable triggers a target_counter, which is also triggered by a trigger_once, on the elevator. The trigger_once will be inactive until you defeat the shadowtroopers.

I'll look into the sniper stormies.

Sounds good. Those changes will make it much better, trust me. However, even if I'm complaining about the camera position, it's still up to you how you make it. Perhaps you could use two cameras, because there are more ships than one. The other camera could be outside the door. You could also check out how it would look like if a camera follows a ship flying out (from a position left or right, not straight front or rear). It might work nicely.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I replaced the lighting in the boiler room with shaders.

Here's the old picture (this really is an old picture. One of the first on this thread).10423.jpg

Here's the new picture.

What do you think of the difference?

10777.jpg

Personally, I like the change.

I still haven't gotten any work on the gas platform.

No, it is actually Bespin, even though it looks imperial (they've been rebuilding to suit their needs).

I'm working on four maps. Myhouse, Attackonyavin1, 2, and 3.

Sorry I haven't been posting as often. My sister has to use the computer half the day, I have lots of schoolwork, and my 14th birthday was two days ago.

red_flare is giving me errors. It appears to be an effect, but I can't get the movement of the fx_runner to sync with the movement of the ships.

The sound is in and I put nice little fadeouts before the battle, before the player takes over during the battle, and before the ships start to leave. This makes it so it doen't look like everything is happening at once.

It will be released soon, but I'm getting less and less time to work because my sister is working later (using the computer longer) and I have more and more homework.

I've added sort of a trademark thing. It's a cutscene. I will get a picture soon. Just compiling now.

Now that I think of it, i had a "max_map_lightgrid array", which caused fullbright. It's fixed now.

To make it more interesting, I am currently making a tie fly across screen, spinning out of control, followed by an X wing, which had just shot it down.

Well, it's been a while since I've been around here, soo....

I havent looked at this thread much lately. Doesn't appear that I've missed out on too much. Anyways, enough babbling...

Bad news

Rotation of tie has never worked.

Yes, I had a feeling you might have a problem with the rotation of the tie fighter. It seems sort of tough to do for some reason, if possible.

About your problem with the compile time-

War Master- I'm pretty sure he knows about that. But it will also increase the compile time.

Laso, if you use Q3Map2, it tells you when there's a leak. So, that may or may not be the case.

I used BSP monitoring. No leaks. I turned 5 brushes into details and now it takes two hours to get to passage portal flow ...0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...

A little better, but still very annoying. I tried slightly changing the script, but I need to recompile, which will probably take three hours. It is 11:17 PM where I live right now. It will have to be left going overnight.

The compiler doesn't find all leaks so to speak. If your map is boxed in by a skybox it can hide them. I know this first hand. I had this problem a while back. I removed the skybox and closed off open areas and I found several leaks. I even remember reading a Quake III tutorial on testing each room after completion for leaks. You block off any open areas and compile to test.

Well, usually, the problem is max_map_lightgrid array, which is fixed by adjusting he gridsize.

I ran another compile and it has gone for 2 hours on a test quality compile. Passage portal flow ...9.... Portal flow takes by far the longes: about 2 hours and 45 minutes of the 3 hour compile.

The tie isn't working. I have rotate commands in a task other than the move command, with the move command, and outside a task all together. I habve gotten models to rotate, so what's the problem?

Here, I've tried this:

affect ( "crashfighter", /*@AFFECT_TYPE*/ FLUSH )

{

task ( "crash" )

{

move ( $tag( "tmfighttag", ORIGIN)$, 1000.000 );

rotate ( < 4320.000 0.000 0.000 >, 1000.000 );

}

do ( "crash" );

and this:

{

task ( "crash" )

{

}

do ("crash");

task ( "rotate" )

{

}

dowait ( "rotate" );

}

Neither seem to work. I tried all of them together:

{

task ( "crash" )

{

}

do ( "crash" );

task ( "rotate" )

{

}

dowait ( "rotate" );