Home

Death and Rebirth: The fall of a soldier

Heavyarms

Four ships are emerging from hyperspace above the planet Kuat. A Y-wing, a firespray freighter, a yt-1300 freighter, and a X wing drop from hyperspace to the outer atmosphere. Their commander speaks:

Colin Shelton:"This is our target." A picture appears on the pilot's HUDs. "His name: Admiral Kushevsky." He is one of the main leaders of the imperial ground force. Kill on sight. Secondary Objective: neutralize the plant. We will not fail our contract."

The group proceeds to the freight space station to dock and request clearance to go to the surface. Clearance is granted, and they head to the planet.

The four ships land in a clearing, about one mile from a very large shipbuilding plant.

Boba Rhett, Colin Shelton, Elendil something or other, and Masta (he'll get a name soon) walk out of their ships.They then start to walk to move to the shipbuilding/vehicle plant to eliminate their objective.

(you may begin, this beginning walk is to get you fimiliarized with how a RPG works. Follow Masta and me, and you two will be ok.)

Elendil steps out of his YT-1300 freighter, and starts walking towards his companions. While he's walking he checks his surrounding, taking note of everything, which wasn't much but some plant life and a few critters scurrying about. Elendil always kept a hand near his heavy blaster, ready to draw if an enemy presented itself.

Already out of his ship, Boba Rhett starts activating the security lock down on his X-wing. He, while mounting up his equipment, turns and heads towards the others. All the while running scenarios through his head that they may encounter along their way and thinking of what counter measures he shall take if the need arises.

The group moves from the clearing in to the forest, walking while their "leader" briefs them some more.

"We need to get to the access lift, which is embedded in the mountain and goes up to the plant, which hangs out from the peak in mid air, so they can drop star destroyers out and then have them fly.Hopefully we can sneak in undetected. If not, we are gonna need to utilize some kind of weapon... keep a look out for probe droids, we need to make sure we do not get spotted early on."

The group keeps moving, with colin leading and the other pilots moving behind.

Colin takes his rifle out and walks with it, while what appears to be a claw device keeps retracting and extending on his left hand as he appears to test it...

(Time for some exciiting stuff)

The group moves out of the forest, and spots the elevator Colin mentioned earlier.The treeline surrounds the elevator like a semi circle. He moves directly back to the treeline, and crouches down.

He sets his rifle down, and then takes out his electrobinoculars. He scans the perimeter, and sees the opposing forces: two stormtroopers, one on either side of the elevator, with both near red buttons, presumed to be alarms.

Colin picks up his rifle again, and stows his binoculars.

"Elendil and Olian, to the right, Rhett, with me to the left. Move AS QUIETLY AS YOU CAN. Wait until I give you a signal for one of you to shoot."

( I suggest you guys remove your weapons from your holsters.)

Rhett and Shelton move in to position quietly, and crouch while waiting for Elendil and Olian move in to position, and as they do, the both trip on a tree branch and fall flat on their faces.

"Hey, what was that?" One of the guards yells.

"Hey, who are those guys? Sound the alarm!" The other screams, while the first trooper hits the alarm.

A siren goes off and rhett and shelton move to shoot the troopers.

"I'll get the one on the left, you attack the right one."

Colin takes aim with his rifle and fires a shot.

(Xwing and Masta, since you both just tripped and fell, you cannot attack because you both dropped your weapons and they flew from your hands. You must spend the round getting up and getting your guns, unless X wing picks out his alternate gun. Masta, i'm sorry, bud :( )

• 2 weeks later...

((Just breaking in here for a sec, guys :)

JM: This particular RPG forum has strict rules and stuff that JKII and the other RP forums on LF don't have. Just ask the gamesmaster, Heavyarms, (although he seems to want to eat you ;)) if you can join in.))

Colin, Elendil, and Rhett fire each a shot at their targets; Rhett scores a hit in the trooper's back while Elendil puts a shot in the same trooper's head, and he falls like a rock.

The two troopers end of firing two shoots, both narrowly missing our two heroes.

Colin Nails the other trooper in the back of the neck, who falls on a console near the alarms, which starts to shut the door to the elevator.

"Hurry up, we are going to be locked out!" Olian and Elendil swoop up their rifles and charge to the door, while Rhett and Colin start racing for the door.

(Jokemaster, in order for you to get a PC, you need to pick a set of skills and feats, in the list that is stuck. Contact me for assistance.)

Archived