Home

Finally Upgraded!

Praetorian

Well, after having a few troubles with seting up, I finished my new computer!!! I'm finally rid of my slow loading Athlon 650mhz. Now I can load BF1942 and Freelancer without waiting forever. :D

My new specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2000+

ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard

512MB Crucial DDR PC2100 RAM

Geforce4 TI4200 w/ 8x AGP

I've been slowly saving for this for 5 months and now it is done.

Well, after having a few troubles with seting up, I finished my new computer!!! I'm finally rid of my slow loading Athlon 650mhz.

Those are quie nice specs Praetorian. :) Don't feel bad, I had some problems too as I found out the Memory was defective, but Crucial was good to replace it. So I'm waiting for that.. lol I also came from a Pentium II 400Mhz computer and there's a huge different :D. I've been waiting for funds to build for six months since my Pentium II went down and got stuck to a laptop. Great huh? :rolleyes:

Now I can load BF1942 and Freelancer without waiting forever.

I'll play you when I get BF! ;)

Yeah, memory is one of the major causes of computer malfuntions in a new computer. Thankfully, my problem wasn't memory. My motherboard uses a new onboard sound (nForce2, probably the best onboard sound), and Windows 98SE has issues with it. I read support forums for a long time before I finially found a link to a Microsoft update that fixed it.

I hope your memory comes in soon!:)

Originally posted by Young David

I have a 1,2 Ghz ... for almost 2 years now.

And I'm still pretty much up to date

You'll find that when you buy an up-to-date system, you get about 3-4 years out of it before it becomes out of date and you need to upgrade. I don't plan on upgrading again for at least 3 years.

Originally posted by Praetorian

You'll find that when you buy an up-to-date system, you get about 3-4 years out of it before it becomes out of date and you need to upgrade. I don't plan on upgrading again for at least 3 years.

Yeah, I'd have to agree there about the processor. :) I'll be upgrading to the latest Barton processor. :D w00t for Nforce2!

Cool. You got to love a new system. I am still running on an old system....

P3 500 512 mb

TNT2 16mb

Only the board, processor, and vid card are old and I am planning on updating them sometime in the late coming up summer. It was top of the line about 4 almost 5 years back, and its been good to me.

However, I am making an much more needed and import upgrade in May......my new car! Getting rid of the 88 Bronco II for a 03 4Runner Limited. Can't wait. :cool:

Originally posted by Imperial Sardaukar

If it helps some, how about a Geforce2 MX200 32MB for the time being Wolf? Just thought I'd help, you just have to pay shipping. ;)

I'm interested. And if I am not mistaken, don't you live near Raleigh. In fact I think I remember you saying you live in Cary. ;) Maybe we can work something out. :cool::D

Originally posted by WolfmanNCSU

However, I am making an much more needed and import upgrade in May......my new car! Getting rid of the 88 Bronco II for a 03 4Runner Limited. Can't wait. :cool:

why would trade a 88 bronco II for a new 2003 4runner limited when you can get a computer???!!! So what if you have to pay big bills for repairing your old car.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Praetorian

why would trade a 88 bronco II for a new 2003 4runner limited when you can get a computer???!!! So what if you have to pay big bills for repairing your old car.:rolleyes:

HA HA,

No thanks. I am not keeping this bronco for any longer than I need. I have been waiting for this ride for a loooooong time. In fact, I just picked out the one I like. :D

Archived