Home

Help! Force Powers don't work in MP!

Deadly Geezer

My Force abilities never work in multiplayer.

First, my character always has push and pull. I can never use any powers unless I get that cube that grants all powers for a limited time.

Second, my guy is always lightsided. I can never make him dark.

Now I know force powers are on, because I see multiple people running around gripping and shooting lightning, but I can never do any more than push or pull.

I checked my controls, and all force powers are bound to a key. I even went in the console and checked. They are bound there also.

How do I use my other powers, and how do I change my character to use Dark? Thanks.

1. Read the manual

or

2. During a MP game, press Escape, at the top of the screen should be a bluish bar, on that bar there should be a button called "Player". Click that, and a boxed screen opens up, showing the characters you can select and saber color. Around the bottom-right of the screen is a button called "Force Powers" or something like that. Click that, and another screen should pop up. Choose the Force Powers and Dark/Light Side in this screen from the availble points that you have (depends on server difficulty).

The manual explains it better than I did, so I advise reading the manual. :D

I see...well only option I can think of is reinstalling your game, I know its a pain in the a$$ cause with all the skins or maps that you may have to unzip again but its only option I see...unless someone else has a better idea.

What video card do you have? If it's the 3dfx VooDoo series, I had that same problem with the in-game menus on my old PC. Try downloading the newest free version of the WickedGL drivers at VooDoo Files. After installing these, the menus should work. If not, then I suggest investing in at least a GeForce 4 MX card (about $40).

Your force configuration is in the Player menu, near the bottom on the right. If you click that, then another window comes up, and you can put points into whatever force powers you want to have.

Archived