Home

To shorten your wait for Jedi Knight 3...

Dagobahn Eagle

Star Wars: Dawning

Star Wars Strategy/Tactical Board Game

What is SW: D?

SW: D started as a game I played with my little brother. At first, it was a game where you and your opponents controlled bases on a planet, and, with the money that would pour in regularly, built ships to destroy each others with. Ship movement was fought on the "main map", while battles were fought on the tactical Battle Map. Base attacks and boarding parties were fought with plastic soldiers.

SW: D is a "sequel" to this game with a new resource system (you get resources from mines and credits from taxes), interface, and extensive tutorials.

What games can I compare SW: U to?

A Star Wars version of Master of Orion, Stars! and Warhammer 40 000.

Features:

- 100+ vessels, including fighters, mines, gun platforms, transports, freighters, starships, boats, tanks, and submarines. Most are from the SW movies/games, particularly the X-Wing series, while others are brand new.

- 1 main map.

- 14 planetary maps.

- 10+ stations including shipyards, platforms, repair yards, mines, gun platforms, and factories, again mostly from the XWA game.

- 2 Battle systems (1 for space battles and one for infantry battles) include destruction, boarding/capture of ships and stations, debris, and the occasional collision.

- Tutorials. I promise, I'll make the game easy to learn.

- Almost infinetly customizable, as it's mostly text files.

Basically, you start with a planet with a mine, orbital defense platform, a factory, and some ships, and need to expand and build a fleet and army to defeat your opponent(s).

I'm currently working on two campaigns: One free-for-all DM campaign where you simply are to build a navy and conquer the 14-planet map, and a tutorial campaign which will guide you trough the building of the first Rebel Alliance base on Yavin 4 and teach you how to play the game.

I expect the full game to be out by the beginning of summer vacation. I'll make an announcement when the English site goes on-line and when the game comes out (in Norse and English).

For now, the game's site is here. EDIT: Link now takes you to the English site.

I'll post updates on the English version as it nears completion.

Shortening all the spare time you spend on sitting around all bored. I thought that'd be obvious

ya that's what I thought, but I was expecting the thread to be some taste of JKIII like a video when I clicked on it.

But my time... that's why I'm hear. Chatting on these forums to pass time while I wait for the newest game to come out.

A board game is a creative thing to come up with, unfortunatly it doesn't appeal to me all that much:( but it's all good and hip for you.

I am SURE there is a table top game like this...

My local Sci-Fi / Fantasy / Comic store has a book about it.

Have always wanted an SW version of Games Workshop Epic & Battlefleet Gothic.

Could play one or the other (ground war or space battle), or cunningly combine the two to rperesnt reinforcements, ground personel evacuation and stuff.

Does anyone know anything about it, cause it isnt listed on the Star Wars database, but I am SURE it was an official Lucas book....

That quick aside.... err... aside - sweet looking game.

heres waiting for and english version! ;)

ya that's what I thought, but I was expecting the thread to be some taste of JKIII like a video when I clicked on it.

Suppose so.

Wolf, what's the name of that board game? I'm not going to base anything on it, sorry, I'm trying to making as original game as possible here, but it would be fun to just compare them.

Also, if I get to know this game, I could tell you better what Dawning will be like by telling you what they have in common.

Originally posted by Dagobahn Eagle

Wolf, what's the name of that board game? I'm not going to base anything on it, sorry, I'm trying to making as original game as possible here, but it would be fun to just compare them.

I dont know - havent been bale to go to the comic book store yet, and am away from Leicester for next 2 / 3 weeks, so will be a while fbefore I can track it down again.

I am gonna see if the Jedi Council may be able to help me out....

Originally posted by nova_wolf

I am SURE there is a table top game like this...

My local Sci-Fi / Fantasy / Comic store has a book about it.

Have always wanted an SW version of Games Workshop Epic & Battlefleet Gothic.

Could play one or the other (ground war or space battle), or cunningly combine the two to rperesnt reinforcements, ground personel evacuation and stuff.

Does anyone know anything about it, cause it isnt listed on the Star Wars database, but I am SURE it was an official Lucas book....

That quick aside.... err... aside - sweet looking game.

heres waiting for and english version! ;)

'nuff said. 40k games kick ass too! :D

Archived