Home

Left handed?

JediBozQ

If there were a left handed option there would have to be some tweaks: like using it left handed would make there a 30% chance that with every swing the crazy left handed jedi would drop his lightsaber and then be unable to pick it up again with those crazy digits. Also, they should be unable to write in a logical fashion, and their handwriting must be atrotious. :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by BrodieCadden

If there were a left handed option there would have to be some tweaks: like using it left handed would make there a 30% chance that with every swing the crazy left handed jedi would drop his lightsaber and then be unable to pick it up again with those crazy digits. Also, they should be unable to write in a logical fashion, and their handwriting must be atrotious. :)

Haha I assume you're right handed then ;) Well the left handed ppl would probably say the same about right handed penalties :D

IMO, this will end up 'on the cutting room floor'. I'm sure they have a long, long list of 'nice to have' stuff right now. Handedness being one of them. If they have time to evaluate it, they may find that the only way to do it given their time and resources is to mirror the animations, and if that looks good we might see it, otherwise not likely.

Again, just my opinion. I would like any option of RPG they can add - from appearance to interaction (I would still love to menu-choose dialog on occasion, though I don't expect it).

Mike

Originally posted by Andy867

Unfortunately, Kenn has decided that it will not be implemented in the OOB release. He said it would tuch up too much time to code and redo certain animations over again

Am I assuming OOB is 'out of box'?

or ... 'Order of Orn'ry Bildeweasts' ... I mean Wildebeasts ... oh never mind ...;)

Originally posted by Andy867

Well, before Kenn Hoesktra went to prepare for his little vacation, he sent word of the status of left-handed debate. I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that you can use the left-handed animations for combos that can be executed. The bad news is, you are stuck with using the right-hand as the default hand for wielding weapons and the lightsaber. However, due to JediMod and its future releases, I feel that someone will be able to utilize the pre-exisiting left-handed animations to make a code/script for at least MP, if not MP and SP, that will allow the left-hand to be chosen as the dominate hand.

Aww dang! But thanks anyway, on keeping us posted. Very much appreciated :)

Archived