Home

Bloody compiler

Commodus

Sorry if this question has been answered already, but I have a bit of a problem with the BATs.

Here I am saying "let's try compiling the code", and when I double click on game.bat I all of a ****ing sudden get (This is with the patched Outcast bat files, BTW, cause I have WinME and the original BAT files don't work)

C:\PROGRA~1\LUCASA~1\STARWA~2\GAMEDATA\BIN\LCC.EXE: cpp: No such file or directory

Too many parameters

Anybody know how to solve this? Before the compiler would work perfectly, but now it's gone crazy and won't budge. AAARRRGGGHHH!!

Thanks for your time,

Commodus

I had win98 and had to deal with this for a long time - is the file in question (LCC) where it says it is (under gamedata, in the bin folder)?

You might try setting up a voodoo system of shortcuts and work on code in a much shorter directory path to compile your code. Editing your batch files to compile can be a pain in the butt.

Ok, after trying all sorts of things - copying around the q3asm, lcc, rcc and cpp around, creating new batch files, creating shortcuts for each .c file - I tried copying cpp.exe to every nearby directory, and when I tried to compile then, it worked! Apparently, you need to have cpp.exe in the /vm directory in the /game, /cgame and /ui directories.

Archived