Home

Loading PK3s from the menu... possible?

MaX'Farcloud

Hi,

I'm working on a single player mod, and have a little problem. I want to change the player's appearance after the second level. As far as I know the only way to do this is to load a new pk3 via the "mod" menu which means I have to seperate the level into seperate pk3s. The first two levels are going to be really short "prologue" missions, and it really isn't worth releasing them seperately.

Is there a way I could customise the menu so that the two seperate parts could be loaded under the "new game" menu? For example, once the player has clicked on "new game"they are presented with the choice of playing either the "first part" (which loads the first pk3), or the "second part" (which loads the second pk3). I'm just trying to think of a way to load up each part with as little disruption as possible to the flow of the level pack.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

MaX'F

The fact that the game always looks to players/kyle is the problem, that's why I want to load a second pk3 (with an alternate players/kyle directory) via the menu... Oh well, it was a longshot but I'll have a try anyway. If I get it to work I'll post how I did it. Thanks for the replies.

I just hope JA allows modders to change the player's appearance mid-game.

Archived