Home

Those of us who play with Macs

Anakin

Originally posted by The_One

What resolution, anti aliasing, and other funky features are you running?

A lot (infact most) manufactured PCs cut back on a lot of hardware neccessities - and come with so much pre-installed crap on them it's no wonder they run like a bitch.

Build your own, and love it ;)

I don't have a particularly new PC, but it's all home made and boots to my desktop from cold in under 15 seconds.

I can't stand Macs, but that's just speaking from personal experience. I **** you not when I say "if I touch them, they crash".

:p

Everything is full, 1024X800 :)

I build my own PC, I could scare you and tell you that I have a

AMD 2800+

1.5Gig of DDR 2700

G4Ti4600 128Mb DDR

180 Gig HD

On a MSI motherboard, and that still does 120FPS no problems.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Anakin

Everything is full, 1024X800 :)

I build my own PC, I could scare you and tell you that I have a

AMD 2800+

1.5Gig of DDR 2700

G4Ti4600 128Mb DDR

180 Gig HD

On a MSI motherboard, and that still does 120FPS no problems.

Damn you beat me:

AMD 2700+, 1Gig of DDR2700, GF4Ti4200 128MB AGP8X <--yay, 120Gig HDD 7200rpm, 8mb, asus a7v8x<--- yay mainboard :)

And I get 100fps, with everything set to full, but no FSAA (1280x960 resolution, 19" monitor, YAY!)

Originally posted by Anakin

Its going well, JO runs at about 120 FPS, goes well in MP, runs like a dream, boots up in about 15seconds, drools, lights up when it goes dark, my NEW i-pod works well with it too :)

So which new iPod do you have? I've had my 5GB for >1.5 years (whenever they first came out), and still use it daily. I find the 'limited' 5GB nice for forcing some discipline into my selections. I make a bunch of playlists - say for Miles Davis or something - and selectively load them up.

I just got my new Dell Inspiron 8500 'widescreen' ... Walt Mossberg (NYT?) said that compared to the 17" PB it seems a brick - compared to my TiBook it certainly is ... oh well, just another place to play JKII ...

Mike

Archived