Home

Skinning question

DarthKirby

a corner?

1.You missed a spot

2.Wrong file path in .skin file (some characters have a "torso_shoulder" mesh for the caps and that mesh needs to be assigned a texture in the .skin file)

3.Did you unwrap this yourself? (did you create a new character...or simply re-skinning an existing model?)

Other than that, i dunno...:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem on one of my earlier skins as it turns out if you have the mesh tga's from raven to work with simply extend the size of your skin by just a few pixels if you are creating a new skin in Photoshop open the default Kyle torso.jpg and then open the raven ref skin files like kyle_torso.tga and drag the kyle_torso.tga file on top of the jpg file it will become it's own layer. Change the new layers opacity to 30% and voila now you see what you are skinning you will notice that the default skin is painted larger then the mesh. Every thing out side of the mesh will not show but to be safe I always expand my selection about 2 to 4 pixels so I get nice even coverage. On the final image you can paint the negative space if you like one uniform tone, black, gray, or white work best for me so it easy to select the skin later. Work with many layers, but always label them for your own organization. Good luck have fun ;)

svösh

Archived