Home

e3?

Sithmaster_821

The reason why I bought Playstation 2 was the Sony name. Sony products are good quality and don't break or damage easy. They last a long time. I also bought it for the extra abilities of playing CD's and DVD's. The final thing that got me hooked was the fact that it played my old Playstation original games. I had a bunch of them. Lots of the non-star wars video games that are made for X-box usually come out at the same time as Playstation 2 version. (E.g. Wolverine's Revenge, Lord of the Rings Two Towers, Medal of Honor Series, etc.)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to me like you're not RPG fans...or you'll like PS2 better just for that...

And I agree in technical terms it's nothing comparable but it's not also about having a hundred million games. It's about the games you like(being both an RPG and RTS fan I'll rather have a PS2 and a PC for both of them).

It's a question of game genres.

AND MAKING GAMES ONLY FOR ONE CONSOLE OR CONSOLES ONLY IS GAY!

I agree with the statement by Luke. Lucasarts should never let a company buy exclusive rights to a game so the other consoles can't distribute a copy of that game on their systems.

Examples: Knights of the Old Republic, Obi-Wan, Rogue Leader, Rogue Squadron

You would think Lucasarts would want to make more profit by selling all games on Gamecube, X-box, and Playstation 2.

-I thought Gamecube could not play CD's and DVD's or hook up to the internet. Which gave Playstation 2 and X-box the advantage!

The Gamecube doesn't, and can't play DVDs/CDs because of the Game Disc size. Besides, I already have a DVD Player, I don't need one for the gamecube. Plus, I think having to buy a remote in order to use the DVD functions is pretty gay (XBox).

Guest DarthMaulUK

To buy a remote is nothing. The Xbox has an 8 gig hard drive (around 10 or so memory cards) 4 joy ports, no Multi adapter needed, saving alot of cash over a PS2

As for Gamecube...it will be dead @ Xmas. Nintendo just are not doing enough to get publishers interested in supporting it. The company I work for has canned it Gamecube releases for next year, like LA have.

DMUK

Well except for Galdius and Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike coming out this year there aren't any plans to release any more games for Gamecube. They might release Wrath or that Untitled Humorous Action Game that is suppose to be for console games.

That is why I am sticking to my PS1, PS2, and PC.

-I was surprised that they aren't making any Lucasarts games for Gameboy Advanced and Macintosh. That was a shocker! But I don't have either one so I guess it doesn't matter to me.

...that's true, that's very true. But I don't think anyone can do that. Besides, it's Sonic that's holding Sega up anyway... I'd doubt they'd throw away... I saw the article in Electronic Gaming Monthly and read it. Looks awesome. But the article said that Factor 5 was sick of Star Wars after Rogue Leader. There will be so many bonus missions...but it will be only for the Gamecube cause I think it said that it will be the last Star Wars game Factory 5 will do...I think...

LOL!

I'm just don,t know what other missions there will be for Rogue Squadron III. It seems almost everything is done for the Flight Sims...except a remake for PC of Tie Fighter! One of the Best Star Wars Flight Sims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are not gonna release anymore games for Gamecube? Geez...that sucks...

and nintendo can't die as long as they have the gameboy.

Dreamcast died because none of their big titles were very popular.

The console was really good ! Graphics everything. But it takes more then just that.

I wasn't aware that the Gameboy died out? I like some of their games... I agree. A remake of TIE Fighter is needed. I loved that game.

Some of the missions in the magazine was when you need to rescue Leia, yes in a Stormtrooper suit, Battle of Hoth where you can destroy AT-AT's when you're Luke and a forest of Endor mission when you can ride the speeder bikes.

It also said that you won't participate in the Battle of Yavin, Battle of Hoth or the Battle of Endor, but you can chose your character in the single player, either Wedge or Luke. Both have different missions.

They're really going to the max with this one.

I think they also need to do a remake of X-wing and Tie Fighter for PC. I think it would be cool to release both on Playstation 2 and X-box also.

I looking forward to their first good space combat strategy game for Star Wars. Star Wars Rebellion was complicated and long.

I never said the Gameboy died out. I said nintendo will survive as long as they have the Gameboy. But the Old gameboy died for sure.

And yes Joes we know stop repeating yourself...

and yes a remake of Tie Fighter will include a remake of X-Wing for sure. And they should keep them flight sims. Not arcade style like the Rogue Squadron serie. Flight Sims! Real Flight Sims!

I was just commenting on my viewpoint that a Star Wars Flight Simulator game for playstation 2 would be so cool. I would think it is possibly since they are making Secret Weapons over Normandy for PS2 and it is classified as a flight simulator.

Luke- Your not a moderator and I have not repeated myself that much.

Actually this thread is Off-Topic. It's supposed to be about SWGB's possible announcement(spelling?)

And it feels good to be alowed to talk about something off-topic for a change.

And joes you have been repeating yourself a lot and you have been trying to be a mod.

And I was playing mod. It was just sarcasm.

That is what I was saying the other day. They can't release one new game per week since there are 6 spots left. There is 3 weeks left till E3. They are going to have to double up each week from now on. Usually they update most their news and information Late Friday afternoons or early friday evenings.

I am praying and hoping for Galactic Battlegrounds 2!!!:) :)

Archived