Home

no pintfile???????

lukeskywalker1

ummm... ok i did that pointfile thing like u guys said, but the red line was going straight through solid walls!!! then i did that bobs tools thing, and brush cleanup, and it was ok. then i had an item out side of my walls, and the line started there, but i deleted the item, it happend again with a different item, i got rid of that. then, when i clicked pointfile, no line showed up at all! i compiled, and it was still wrong! i just cant seem to get this.

let me ask a question:

i have a building, and u can go outside. there is a sky texture at the top, and one side has the sky i want, but its supposed to be at night, so i didnt put a lot of light around, but i want people to see the star type texture! so will that sky texture make the whole entire level bright?

im pretty sur ei have gotten all my leaks out, so what do i do?

thanks again

-lukeskywalker1

Light entities do absolutely ZILCH to sky shaders. You'll see the nighttime stars just fine.

The only reason your map would be lit from the sky shader is if it's a light-emitting shader, in which case it would have a name like "sky_light," for example artus_light, kejim_light, and bespin_light.

Archived