Home

3rd Party Stuff on SWG.

BobaWP

While goin through the boards I saw Exar talking about 3rd party stuff. And I was wondering will there be something like decal (In AC) in the game or are they going to ban all stuff like this. I mean I used Decal and loved it but I dont know if they will allow this in SWG.

[Yeah, I was going to say something about that. It's hard to see]

I'm not sure what Decal is. If you mean like custom decals for armor and stuff, they're not going to allow that. People could do nasty things. If Decal is a chat program, I don't think they've said anything about it, so it's still questionable right now. If it's some other kind of program, I can't help you.

No decal is a program used in AC which lets you use 3rd party programs in the game. For example if I had decal and i downloaded Sixth Sense and activated it in the game. Decal would show the program and let me set it to find stuff on the ground that I am searching for ex. steel iron etc.

Ok let me clarify for my friend, You download this little program, it creates a scroll bar on top of the screen. You then download plugins for the scroll bar Examples: Coordinate keeper, Chat log, Attack records, and like he said a "6th sense" which would sense if there were any items, people, or monters in a hightened area from where your standing.

Now in SWG I would see this as convenient for Bounty hunters, smugglers, Imperial guards, rebel fighters, Miners, ect...

Its a basically a really hightech radar. Now I don;'t know if they would be allowed in the game, but my bets are someone will invent one anyway.

Archived