Home

At Wits End!!

josiejosie

PLEASE HELP ME! i am in act 3 of EFMI4 and in monkey island!!!!!!!! I can't figure out how to get off! I think Herman is the key and I am trying to get his memory back. I've hit him with the coconut and with his milk bottle and most recently I got his accordion and hit him with that. Now what??????? Guybrush just says "I don't think we're getting anywhere" Am I completly on the wrong track? Any comments or what to do next would be appreciated! I am @ my WITS END!

PLEASE HELP ! THANKS A TON!

josie *kiss*

Okay, this is annoying because it's a common problem.

Basically, there's a problem with your game (someone ought to tell LucasArts, this problem is becoming a problem, um... if that makes any sense)

Basically, what you have to do is load up a saved game, preferably from before you get to Monkey Island (sorry) or maybe just as you get on Monkey Island and just play on from there. That should work. If it doesn't, start a new game (it's not gonna get any better) and painstakingly play through again. If that doesn't work, reinstall the game and start a new, and if that doesn't work, take the game back.

Your basic answer to this is to load up a saved game before that point though (best place, load up the game at any point before you hit Herman with anything and it should work.).

Anyway, there is a way to fix it without going through all those steps. Keep throwing the coconut on Herman until he starts remembering things - the amount of times you have to do this depends on how many other things you've thrown at him. After you've gone through the whole dialogue tree, throw the milkbottle at him and repeat dialogue. Finally throw the accordian and it should all unfold.

Archived