Home

modelling hands/feet etc....

skater_craigd

hey as some of you know, ive been asking for help with my model...

once again im asking for help if you please, just wondering, as ive never modelled things like feet and hands? would i be able to "base" my hands etc by looking at the jk2 models?

If im unable to say so please, afterall iwont be copying by literally cloning the hand of a lucas model and putting it onto mine!

Id be looking at it and modelling it myself but using there models as like a reference....

thank you for your time, advice will be grateful, Ciao for now craig

The only mesh i ever re-used from raven are the hands, and they were slightly modified: everything else i made from scratch.

I never modelled low poly hands and i'm not sure i could make somehting that looks as good as raven's.

I just dont like the idea of people stealing every body part and calling it their model...i prefer to create my own meshes.

Modelling your own mesh based on the original is a very good way to learn, aint nothing wrong with that.

yeah i see where ya coming from... well wiasent going to just use their model neway :S id rather model it myself so it is fully mine.

Only thing ill be doing is looking at their models with the model viewer, and literally using it as a type of reference, like i did to create the eye sockets etc...

thanks neway all is good :) can someone actually comment my model? imean its only the head and the torso but ya gotta start sumwer eh... thanks again, craig

My site/ goto model pictures...

Psyk0Sith is rite m8, but ill had something more...

1-The neck should be smaller in height, too big as it is from the shoulders to the head...

2-The head is disproprotionate to the torso, u should make it bigger to the left, rite, front, back n up.

3-For the head i give u a tip of designing human body as i studied n drawed already, the body makes 7 full heads (in height i mean), without counting with the hair of course, just from chin to the forehead.

U may measure urself n c what i mean ;)

4-The hands with opened fingers should get all the face area, i mean, u can grab all ur face rite? so the hand must be have that size. In Hands it easy for u to make the real measurement cause if u merge a skeleton u have all bones from the hand.

5-The feet ar the same size from the wrist to the joint of the elbow.

Archived