Home

Kick Defense

Solbe M'ko

Rolling helps. It's harder to kick a rolling person. Also, if they're bad with kick, you can probably confuse them by running at them while starting a red swing, but side step at the last few seconds. Hopefully, this will allow you to plant a nice red swing on them. It's a bit more risky to do as compared to a yellow swing, but it would teach them a lesson...

Against GOOD kickers... Blegh. All you can really do is roll, avoiding their kicks. If all else fails, just learn to kick back :). Sometimes kicks duels are just as fun as saber duels.

Against kick+pull... That's a bit harder. Absorb helps a bit. And as usual, rolling. Try to line up a saber swing so that when they pull you, they pull your saber right into them. Although, that's a bit tough to do. However: if there's force, you should have saber throw, so feel free to throw whore them. They ARE kick+pull whoring after all. If the server has force but no throw. Leave. A server with THAT crappy a setup doesn't deserve your time anyway.

The first demo on Kurgans link should explain everything, the main key to avoiding and countering kicks, is to learn the range of a kick, once you do that you can easily watch someone else, and when you see them go for the kick, if you do a back flip JUST before hes in range to kick, then hold foward and double tap jump once you are near the ground - works every time.

Still there are kickers who are good enough (and smart enough) to realize when you are trying to counter, this makes the fight last several minutes, because both of you do fakeouts constantly and get mabye one kick per minute heh, in a case like that, I let my saber do the ass-kicking for me

Originally posted by .Templar.

The first demo on Kurgans link should explain everything, the main key to avoiding and countering kicks, is to learn the range of a kick, once you do that you can easily watch someone else, and when you see them go for the kick, if you do a back flip JUST before hes in range to kick, then hold foward and double tap jump once you are near the ground - works every time.

This ^ will never work on a good kicker.

If you want to learn kicking (or how to counter) just come by the shock ~ duel server. Or... spend 6 months of your life learning every engine manuever exploit and developing good timing.

Your definition of a good kicker is apparently someone who does nothing but run when you are looking in their direction, its actually impossible to hit someone if they time the backflip right, so it will work unless you are fighting someone who runs when you face them, I played a guy like that last night in an FFA, he talked trash, but every time I tried to 1v1 him he just sat across the room strafing back and fourth, and if I moved foward he ran backwards, then as soon as I gave up on him and joined the FFA, he would start charging me, so I killed him by tricking him out - Anyways, cowardice doesnt equal skill

Lol, it kind of reminds me of watching animal planet, a bunch of little wuss animals trying to take down a rhino, they are all tough until the rhino faces them, and they run away, the only diff here is that we are people and it makes us look more pathetic when we run - kinda like the fat kid everyone picked on until he got mad and they all tried to stay behind him so they didnt get beat up

What about side kicks? Does this works with side kicks? Particularly, I played this guy who doesn't just kick-whore, he actually tried to kill me, and I want to know if side kicks are better defensible.

-PS- Kick laming is for babies.

Your definition of a good kicker is apparently someone who does nothing but run when you are looking in their direction, its actually impossible to hit someone if they time the backflip right, so it will work unless you are fighting someone who runs when you face them, I played a guy like that last night in an FFA, he talked trash, but every time I tried to 1v1 him he just sat across the room strafing back and fourth, and if I moved foward he ran backwards, then as soon as I gave up on him and joined the FFA, he would start charging me, so I killed him by tricking him out - Anyways, cowardice doesnt equal skill

Lol, it kind of reminds me of watching animal planet, a bunch of little wuss animals trying to take down a rhino, they are all tough until the rhino faces them, and they run away, the only diff here is that we are people and it makes us look more pathetic when we run - kinda like the fat kid everyone picked on until he got mad and they all tried to stay behind him so they didnt get beat up

actually, I don't think I gave my definition but, to put it bluntly, by just watching how you position your mouse, I can tell that you suck at kicking. Sure, your little moves work on the noobs on random ffa servers but please, if you think you're up for it, come to the shock server and teach us how.

Originally posted by Solbe M'ko

What about side kicks? Does this works with side kicks? Particularly, I played this guy who doesn't just kick-whore, he actually tried to kill me, and I want to know if side kicks are better defensible.

-PS- Kick laming is for babies.

it's only laming if you can't beat it.

Ok mr break, how about this, you have 2 choices, either first off, I can kick your ass in a server that I create so I have playable lag, or if I care to remember I'll look up your crap server next time I play on that t3 and school you, mkay?

First i would never jump backwards since that wastes force, and in a drain war, you always want more force than your opponent. To fight pull kick all you have to do is don't jump. They can only pull you if you are aerial, swing, or use force, as long as you have lv3 push. Don't put on absorb because all they have to do is pull throw you to death while running away for force. In fact I would never play light.

This next way is the only way to fight kick without using kick. Although this won't work against anyone that is smart, it can help you against kickers with no idea what they are doing. For light, before they kick tap lv 3 protect, as they are in the air, time your downward swing so that they land on your saber. It won't work well, but sometimes you can damage big with it. Also, when they are about to use bigtime drain, run away till you have enough force to absorb, and press absorb, and then take it off once they finish. Also you can try lunging as they land from their kickk Shock-Format has killed me numerous times with lunge after i land from kick.

For dark, you can play Euro style, put on lv2 drain/lightning. Strafe jump away, then lv2 lightning them, while keeping out of range of their drain/kick. Eventually after 5 to 10 min, they should die.

Both of these strategies wont work against me or anyone with any sense. First the protect strategy can be beaten by draining or grip kicking till the lighty uses absorb. Then of which all I have to do is wait until they drop absorb. THen lv 2 lightning them until they put absorb, back. This cycle will make the light user's force run out. Then I will gk or ptk them to death.

The dark strategy won't work since I have never met saberists who strafe jump faster than me. Shock-Screed is fast but I smoke him.

Or if the player who does these things simply has no timing which is 95 percent of the ppl i meet in ffa(i hardly play ffa) or that I don't know in ff duel game type (not ffa duel). I just simply out kick them.

Ok mr break, how about this, you have 2 choices, either first off, I can kick your ass in a server that I create so I have playable lag, or if I care to remember I'll look up your crap server next time I play on that t3 and school you, mkay?

actually that "crap" server is mine.

I pay $50 a month for it from http://www.gaminghost.com

It is also in GA so you should ping around 6 there.

Trust me guy, you would last all of 12 seconds against him or myself.

But let's not talk let's play.

^4shock^7wave ^4full force duel|60ms|66.150.28.237:28070

Time and date for a match between you and I?

As this thread isn't really going anywhere, I'll make a comment about Shockwave. I go there sometimes, when Masters is full, and when the grip lamers aren't out in force (rarely) I severly clean up in some limited force matches.

Please keep your taunts/flames/challenges out of the threads and on the instant messages.

-Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived