Home

Fact File

Talon Karade

Yeah sort of, well I started anyway. Got up to No. 4. I wasn`t too impressed to be honest.

You know most of the stuff in them and most of the pics are pretty small, but hay thats my opinion.

You obviously enjoy collecting em so keep it up!!!!

Hindy, my favourite so far definatly has to be the most recent issue - #71. This is becuase I got a load of cool info about Mace Windo, the AT-PT (All Terrain Personal Transport - from the Katana Fleet, Rouge Squadron books) and the SPHA-T (the massive laser cannon in the battle of Geonosis which blows up the Trade Federation core ships).

:biggs:

Originally posted by Talon Karade

ZBomber , I had to check out the post made by Daring Dueler to find out what you were banging on about - but the Fact File is obviously not to your liking (like a Hutt with constapation!)

:jawa

Well, it would be nice if you gave us an explanation of what it is, since obiosuly not many people here now what it is! :rolleyes:

The Official Star Wars Fact File from DeAgestini - http://www.deagostini.co.uk/ - is a massive collection about all things Star Wars! There are 6 sections to the Fact File:

• Battles & Events
  • Characters
  • Droids
  • Planets & Locations
  • Weapons & Technology
  • Vehicles

You recieve an Issue every week - either from a local newsagents or you can have it sent to your house via that post.

In each of the Issues (I'm up to #72 now), you get a information about different events, characters, droids etc. The Battles & Events section is divided up by date - BBY (Before Battle of Yavin) and ABY (After Battle of Yavin). The Characters section is seperated by the name of the character, who is given a code, so:

• Han Solo would have SOL as his code!

The Droids, Planets & Locations, Weapons & Technology and Vehicles sections are also divided up by name.

• C-3PO would have a code of SEE
  • Coruscant would have a code of COR
  • Blasters would have a code of BLA
  • AT-ST would have a code of ATS

Here is a description of each of the sections:

large_battles.gif

Discover the major events, civil wars, economic disputes, high-level negotiations and devious scheming that have shaped the galaxy. In addition to full colour photography and newly commissioned artworks, this section includes blow-by-blow accounts of each significant event, battle plans and strategies, profiles of the key factions, training tactics and technical data.

large_characters.gif

Biographies of all the major personalities and races, historical and current, humanoid and alien, and including councils, secret sects and other important affiliations. Discover the ever-changing tapestry of personalities who have made their mark on the Star Wars Universe through the ages - some you will be familiar with and others whose roles may have been less obvious until the compilation of the Fact File.

large_planets.gif

Key data on the galaxy: planets, orbits, environments, locations, cities, buildings, Death Stars, indigenous populations, animal and plant species. From the dazzling spires and glittering lights of Coruscant, the centre of government and power, to the dark, dank and swampy world of Dagobah - Jedi Master Yoda's secret hideaway - uncover the hidden mysteries of the universe.

large_weapons.gif

A dossier explaining the gamut of military and domestic technology spanning thousands of years; from ion blasters to double-ended lightsabres; from sensor packs to quad laser scopes, from cybernetic implants to thermal detonators, hologames, jetpacks and beyond. Understand the working of the comchips that enable Jedi Knights to identify others of their ilk; learn how to play the Djarik Hologame - a virtual combat game conceived during the twilight years of the Old Republic; and much more.

large_droids.gif

Often forming the backbone of a society, droids, robots and other programmable entities are dissected in this section, which includes information on their creators, design details and specifications, plus their primary functions, historical usage and notable models. From the battered assassin droid, IG-88, a remorseless arsenal of awesome weaponry, to the medically-programmed 2-1B series, designed to heal rather than kill. Includes fully-annotated fold-out photography and newly-commissioned artworks.

large_vehicles.gif

The inner workings of the spacecraft, land units and transporters that have trawled the galaxy. This section includes a series of detailed cross-sections, annotated design blueprints, owner profiles and key uses. Includes Han Solo's legendary Millennium Falcon, the young Anakin Skywalker's Boonta Eve Classic-winning Podracer and the T-65 X-Wing fighter flown by Luke Skywalker during the destruction of the first Death Star.

Hi Purple_Tentacle, I know that it does sound a lot of money when you start doing sums like that - but I feel that it will be worth it in the end coz I'll have so much information about the world of Star Wars! Over here in England (the other side of the world - quite literally), it costs me £1.99 per Issue (which is weekly). But, really it doesnt sound that much - but it soon addes up!

Archived