Home

Your first Sam&Max

Macbeth2k1

Do you remember the first time you heard of Sam&Max? I was trying to remember when I first 'got it'. I think my first experience was with the one pagers in The Adventurer issues included with other Lucas games. Then I got the game when it came out on 3.5" disks. I loved it so much, I bought the CD version when it was released to get all the voices. That's when I started collecting anything S&M I could get my hands on.

Now its your turn to share.

Share...down below this line...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I first heard about Sam and Max before I heard about Monkey Island. I was a fps-junkie and would play anything violent I could get my hands on. Then I went to a buddy of mine's house, (by the way, this was in 97, I was barely 5 when it first came out) and he said he had to show me this really cool game he was borrowing from his cousin. He'd been playing all day, so the very first thing I saw was the bungee jump into the tarpits. I was instantly hooked and bought the adventure packs, as well as the CD version of S & M. I never even saw a copy of the 3.5 disk one. Unfortunately, as I was introduced to the world of Sam and Max late, by the time I tried to buy a comice book of them, it was out of print already. Here's hoping that the game does well and they rerelease "Surfin' the Highway" in an attempt to make more money.

I got the game as a kid, though it never worked properly on my old computer. It was an old Packard-Bell 66Mhz POS that ran off of DOS and Windows 3.1. Ahhh, those were the days. Oh course the cursor would ALWAYS leave a pixel trail that would only disappear when an animation occured. It was a pain in the ass but I played it religiously for several months.

Originally posted by Random

Do you remember the first time you heard of Sam&Max? I was trying to remember when I first 'got it'. I think my first experience was with the one pagers in The Adventurer issues included with other Lucas games. Then I got the game when it came out on 3.5" disks. I loved it so much, I bought the CD version when it was released to get all the voices. That's when I started collecting anything S&M I could get my hands on.

Now its your turn to share.

Share...down below this line...

That's kida like my tale: I started out with the 3.5" floppies, soon those weren't enough, I needed more, so I got the CDs, once I had those, I had to get the t-shirts and action figures...

• 4 weeks later...

I was given Sam and Max as a present. My dad and I used to both play the Kings Quest Series. From there I went on to get the Monkey Island Series, Full Throtel, Dig, Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, and many other Lucas Arts games. What can I say? I'm hooked.

Hey, nice to see when banned people come back and troll. Wait...I mean it's nice to see fresh faces. Not that I post on this board a lot, some of us have lives.

Well, lives that don't consist of trolling on boards and knowing the names of gay transvestites. Setion isn't that common a name, but I'm glad that your experience of the homosexual underground stretches onto such a personal level. Hey, you can move to Texas, I hear that Supreme court victory is a big win for your...people. Well, the gay people, not sure it has much to do with dressing up like your mother. Or Dionne Warwick, or whatever.

But sure, you can make fun of "hippo boy". And then get a response from "hippo boy", "dumbass quote from lucasarts character at the bottom of my posts boy"...er..samnmax211...er...I mean Indy#1Fan. And then get your ass banned, while I try and talk my way out of one. But hey, if getting @#$%ed on a message board was a real physical event, you'd be entitled to a sodomy punch card.

Archived