Home

NPC Manager 2.0 ...anyone interested?

MattKG

SOMEONE may remember my JK2 utility of about 8 months ago called NPC Manager...it was a program that basically allowed you to create new NPCs for SP, modify them in any way possible, set up NPC Spawn commands, etc...basically anything you can do with NPCs in SP without having the source code.

Well I've added a lot of features and fixed bugs since then...its now alot more powerful, and adds some new options to the launcher (an added utility allowed you to launch JK2 SP with any skin you want for the player skin, as well as custom saber hilts, and any SP or MP level you wanna play on)

So is anyone interesting in me releasing this as NPC Manager 2.0?

I dont really feel like releasing it if I get tons of newbies emailing me with the same questions...like i did last time...because it kinda takes some editing experience to get it to work right...

That happens with every single project i've started/joined (see my sig). You cant stop it. You either need to ignore it or deal with it. Answer sensible questions and just ignore the idiots and let the community answer their questions if they want to. Its part of developing anything :D

Alright...I think I'll try releasing it to JK2.net on Monday...see if anyone likes it. But I'm sooo gonna make sure there are no major bugs like last time...that was a nightmare because no one could run the program without emailing me.

I'm looking forward to it :)

Might I suggest you also release it to other sites along with jk2.net. They don't seem to be posting anything any more. jk2files.com and massassi.net might speed up the distribution process.

Yes the last one would work. You just had to do something to make it work, which i forgot to include in the readme, because I forgot it had anything to do with the program.

But no, its not in VB, its in Borland C++ Builder 4 so the source wouldnt help much unless you have that or something similar

• 4 weeks later...

I honestly don't remember hearing about your program before but I am extremely interested right now...

I have been trying to make my own npc's by making new npc files and that, but it hasn't worked yet, I emailed a bunch of people and got no responses and had almost lost all hope...

So do we just search for NPC Manager on the file site?

Or post an address? :)

Peace,

Mike

I forgot about this... :o

But I'll release it on JK2files.com in a few days.

The old version is on JK2.net's file server but it doesn't work right unless you know how to make it work...there's not enough instructions in the readme file.

• 4 weeks later...

Im w/t tha guy who's trying too get this thing up top. Iv also been editing npc's and hate it!! Im drooling over the sound of a new npc editor. The last one messed up my computer when i installed it. BUT I still gve you creds becuz you had the right idea!

When Where Whatever!!

I do all of my work by hand and it sucks... It's just that this guy told all of us that he was going to put the 2.0 version out (and his last one cost me a lot of work o my computer mind you) i stil support the guy but this thing was supposed too be out weeks ago...

Archived