Home

Assimilate Error

graves

In Assimilate, When I go to add file and try and select my ROOT.xsi I get this:

You're trying to add "root.xsi", which is inherent, you should only do this if you're making a model that has no seperate anim files Proceed?

I used spacemonkey's tutorial to get this far. does anyone know what is causing this? Please help.:(

Oh god here we go again...

1.Might be a reset xform/pivot point issue.

2.Might be a weighting issue.

3.Do not move/scale the skeleton out of place

Export your scene to .XSI and then import it back into max, you should see some weird things happen...like in the .glm. This is just a test...

Load your max scene and then add "reset xform modifiers" to the meshes that are screwed up.

You will also need to align the pivot points to the "stupidtriangle_off" tag, which is a key element of the hierarchy.

Alright i added a reset xform and collapsed the stack for all the meshes. That took care of the objects floating off on their own. I aligned everything to stupidtriangle_off. The arms and legs still deform strangely in modview, yet they are fine in 3dsmax. I noticed in modview that the skeleton is WAY too high (the clavicals are at head level) could this be the problem?

The skeleton is way too high in modview?

Did you move the skeleton at all in 3D max?, i know from previous experience that bones cannot be moved out of place (just move them slightly and expect dramatic results when loading your .glm).

It looks like the skeleton's position is defaulted back to its original state once in modview (original position being the one you import in max from the .xsi) but if you moved your bones out of place, the glm is "confused" and tries to display both postures, or something like that...

Ok i think i got the problem beat. i moved the mesh up in 3dsmax to compensate for my mistake (turns out that I DID move the skeleton). The bones now align to the mesh in modview and my model deforms like it's supposed to. :) I hope this doesnt cause any future problems tho.

*Sigh* Now I'm having trouble packaging my skin. I created the path: C:/packaging/models/players/snake and moved the glm, the jpgs and the skin files over to the snake dir. I added the models dir to a zip file titled "snake.pk3" kept the directory structure and moved the pk3 to my base folder. When i load up JK2, the icon shows in the list; but when I select my icon it shows up as kyle. Any help?

When loading your model check the console for any error messages...since i dont have the pk3 file its kind of hard to say if its a packing issue or something wrong with the .glm

(just to make sure, you should only see "models/players/snake" in the path...)

Archived