Home

New independent Sam and Max game

Lagomorph

Howdy! I've decided to make my own "Fan Fic" Sam and Max adventure game :) Upon it's completion, it will be downloadable to whoever wants it. I am right now gathering volunteers to aid me in this daunting task. If you would like to help me create this game. it will be in the fashion of it's predecessor, in the 2D form, but with a 640X400 resolution (opposed to the previous 320X200). ANY plot ideas, artwork, or just plain discussion would be greatly appreciated. I will be setting up a website for the game soon... Buhbye!

Why not just make something original?

I mean, I can see the excitement of copywright infringement, but people will just compare yours to the ever-better original...

Or maybe they'll just take what sweet sweet addictive matter they can get, just take whatever impure cut and inject it straight into their veins for a small glimpse of that pure...dark - Whoops! Haha, there I go talking about the kooky distant past! Aaaah, December....

I'm pretty sure there is a adventure game creation program out there for free. I played a few games made on it, kinda out-dated but functional.

I've always thought that the Adventure game market would come back if Lucasarts released SCUMM. Think about it, they don't make SCUMM games anymore, and there is a rabid but small fanbase for Adventure games.

here yah go, i found some resources for you.

Adventure Game Studio - I have seen several games made with this, kinda outdated and hard to use in my opinion

AGAST - this one seemed most promising to me, it allows for C like programming language to control the game flow. Seemed highly flexible.

SCUMM REVISITED - should be good if you want to rip images

3D Adventure Studio - for making 3D adventure games

AdventureMaker - makes MYST like games, i doubt that's what you want

CGA - seems outdated and poorly made, might be decent

WinPaw - another Adventure creation program, looks decent

MAD - yet another utility

That's all i could find, have fun

My plan is to use AGS (Adventure Game Studio) I've been testing its flexibility, and it seems to do pretty much what I want it to. i.e. the point-and-click interface and scipting for cutscenes... I'll look into the other suggested utilities, I've already looked at several... Thanks.

That's exactly what I'm talking about, I want to put into the game what the original left out and maybe then some. However... *turns away in shame* I don't own the collected Sam and Max... :( I've been searching for it for a few years, but have had no luck.... which is why I need some people to help me out, because I can do the artwork myself on the computer, but I'd like input from other people, like concept art and whatnot... I was thinking of the title: Sam and Max: Lost in Time, or something to that extent, by somewhat spoofing on Back to The Future (The Desoto into a time machine :p;) ) I have LOTS of other ideas that I'll share with those that want to help me out. :)

Yah, finding the collection is a tough one. I've got it, but you can understand why I'd never part with it. Hopefully the new game will renew intrest in it and you'll be able to pick up a reprint. There are 4 copies of one of the old comics on ebay at the moment. They seem to pop up every now and then, but I've never seen the collection there.

The time travel idea reminded me of the time they went back to Egypt while the pyramids were being constructed by aliens. Then, to save the natives from being turned into fuel, S&M pants the alien leader and kick his butt. Turns out Max's face is on the sphinx after that.

Fear not fake rodent--err, synthetic gerbil, there will be PLENTY of Surfin' The Highway in the game. I'm going to be getting myself a copy. But until then, I can survive on input from other fans, and the many comics that I've seen. I had planned on having an Egyptian time period , Random. ;) Although, I can't say I've seen that comic, and I had even started putting Sam's head on the sphinx! :D Weird coincidence...

Archived