Home

Messed Up NPCs

GOB1029

Okay, I finally created my own npcs. The only problem is that, if it has a gun, the gun is at their knees, or if they have a lightsaber, they'll swing it like they have one, but there is no blade, and it does no damage. If someone could help me out here, i'd greatly appreciate it!:confused:

okay, here's the file thing:

//Characters

Reborn_MK

{

playerModel Khyron_Jinn

saberColor red

rank captain

reactions 5

aim 5

move 5

aggression 5

evasion 5

intelligence 5

hfov 180

vfov 180

scale 110

playerTeam enemy

enemyTeam player

// race human

class reborn

snd khyron_jinn

sndcombat khyron_jinn

sndjedi khyron_jinn

yawSpeed 140

walkSpeed 60

runSpeed 160

health 300

dismemberProbHead 90

dismemberProbArms 100

dismemberProbLegs 90

dismemberProbHands 100

dismemberProbWaist 80

}

it is using a mandalorian skin and model that i downloaded, and that all shows up fine. it is perfect except that his lightsaber is at his knees, he swings around and everything like he has one in his hands, but the lightsaber doesnt move, and no damage is inflicted. I have it saves in my ext_data folder as: reborn_mk.npc

and it works fine except for the lightsaber thing. plz help, i would really like to figure this stuff out. oh, and i'm not using it in a map or anything, im just using it so i can spawn it in the game using "npc spawn reborn_mk" in the console. and it does all that, but the lightsaber is messed up badly.:mad::confused:

Ah, I see your problem. Your playermodel needs to have the prefix "Jedi, reborn, ect" So it should look like this:

playerModel jediKhyron_Jinn

You need to change/make a new .pk3 for this, though.

Models/players/jediKhyron_Jinn

You may also have to change the .skin files as well.

That sort of thing.

The prefex doesn't matter, I use jedi<name> (it's the shortest, unless st- is one, I don't know.) for all of mine. All that matters for their personality is the class and player team.

THANX!!!!! It now works perfectly!!! I hope to maybe release an Episode 4 Mod later on, with the following changes:

Kyle-A New Hope Luke

Jan-Han

Desann-Palpatine

Tavion-Vader

Luke-Old Ben

Lando-Chewie

Reborns-Stormtroopers with more health

Galak-Boba Fett

...and so on...

thanks again!

Originally posted by GOB1029

Heh, now that u mention it, that would be scary. I guess I'll change Jan to Leia instead... .o. thanx again, for the help, and the luck.

So instead of Han and Luke we'll have Leia and Luke....

Um, they are brother and sister.

LOL

Why not use Mara Jade ;)

Edit: Oh well that won't work for your EpisodeIV mod plan though.

Originally posted by GOB1029

well, in Episode IV, they dont know they're brother and sister, and if i recall correctly, luke likes leia in IV.. lol. but, i dunno, i'll think of sumthin... heh, maybe C-3PO! lol

Yeah, I forgot about that. Luke liked Leia all the way up until he found out she was his sister in ROJ.

• 3 weeks later...

I read your NPC topic and I've run into the same problem with my npcs.

I'm trying to make a jedi npc with the grayfox model, that won't replace the reborns.

He spawns okay, but the lightsaber is not in his hands, like with your khyron jinn npc.

How did you fix this? I already tried adding a models/players/grayfox folder with the model files, as well as for the other 2 npcs im trying to make, a rodian and a trandoshan, both with lightsabers.

Whereas the grayfox pulls out his lightsaber that's not in the right place, the rodian and trandoshan both have the lightsaber hilt in their hands but don't use it - they run around and swing it but the blade doesn't come out.

How did you fix your problems?

peace! thanks,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

after going through the same troubles as you I tried searching the forum for similar topics.

This one thread came up with all the answers to your questions and more.

imo this thread (the one I'm linking to) should be stickied as it covers a lot of questions about creating spawnable NPC's. None of these answers can be found in the NPC tutorials as they cover creating new NPC's and putting them in a custom map, slightly different than creating spawnable npc's.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68710

well...

that tutorial by Emon is what I used to make my first NPCs and I haven't seen anyone answer my questions yet...

so even though that doesn't really help...

thanks anyways.

Besides, there might be something in there I haven't noticed yet, or maybe I can get help from someone who posted in there.

thanks for taking the time,

cuz no one else did.

thanks,

Mike (V4)

If I can possibly help you with anything editing in JK2 just ask and I'll let you know what I know.

Vandal, if your read through the thread it explains why you are getting the saber through the back and the light saber in the knees.

It is mainly because you have to extract and rename the model folders as rebornVader rebornDooku etc etc. You can't just create an NPC and call the model folder han solo etc. THe other reason has also to do with the class and team alliance. If you use rebornYoda and try to make him a good guy it won't work, you need to use JediYoda or something similar. The reborn class is empire/evil only and the jedi class is rebels only. Same goes for the shooters.

It is mainly because you have to extract and rename the model folders as rebornVader rebornDooku etc

I've done this already...

new_npcs.pk3

ext_data > jedigrayfox.npc

ext_data > rebornrodian.npc

ext_data > reborntrandoshan.npc

models > players > jedigrayfox

models > players > rebornrodian

models > players > reborntrandoshan

The other reason has also to do with the class and team alliance. If you use rebornYoda and try to make him a good guy it won't work, you need to use JediYoda or something similar. The reborn class is empire/evil only and the jedi class is rebels only.

I realize this and the teams of the bots work fine... that's why I can't figure out why it won't work. But I'll look over the thread again and see if I can't find something. Oh, and I think I fixed the rodian and trando by changing their 'class' setting from klingon to reborn. I'm wondering... because I have a .pk3 in my base folder that replaces the kyle model with the grayfox model. Maybe this is the problem?

But thanks again anyway,

Mike (V4)

The klingon thing is the unused "race" parameter. The class is jedi or reborn.

Let me share with you a spawnable Grayfox NPC that works:

RebornGrayfox
{
fullName	"GrayFox"
playerModel	reborngrayfox
saberColor	purple
rank		captain
reactions	3
aim		3
move		5
aggression	3
evasion		5
intelligence	5
hfov		160
vfov		160
playerTeam	enemy
enemyTeam	enemy
//	race		human
class		desann
yawSpeed	120
walkSpeed	55
runSpeed	200
snd		grayfox
sndcombat	grayfox
sndjedi		grayfox
health		500
}

This is for an evil side grayfox as you can tell. Now if you change him to JediGrayfox you need to change the class from desann to luke or jedi and the playerTeam/enemyTeam from enemy/enemy to player/enemy.

I was going to release grayfox with a spawnable NPC file for single player using the shadowtrooper, however I could not get around the force crstal shooting out of his chest when he dies when using the shadowtrooper class for the NPC. In case you don't mind having the force crystal shoot out when he dies, you can use the below code to make his class a shadowtrooper class. (the first time you kill this NPC, the force crystal that comes out of his chest is invisible, just the dummy axis, then you see the full thing shoot out).

ShadowTrooper3
{
playerModel	shadowtrooper3
surfOff 	"head_face head_moutheyes"
saberColor	purple
rank		captain
reactions	5
aim		5
move		5
aggression	5
evasion		4
intelligence	5
hfov		160
vfov		160
playerTeam	enemy
enemyTeam	player
//	race		human
class		shadowtrooper
snd		shadow2
sndcombat	shadow2
yawSpeed	140
walkSpeed	55
runSpeed	200
health		500
}

Of course here your model folder should be named shadowtrooper3 and you should spawn him using the shadowtrooper3 NPC name.

Archived