Home

Force powers

extradudeguy

When I try to use my force powers, on most servers they won't work. I am using the proper keys and I did spend the approriate points to gain the powers. So what is going on? All of the other peeps on the server(s) are able to use thiers with no problem.

I have tried it patched, unpatched...re-installed and copletely un-installed and deleted the folder reamining also. Nothing helps. I am have taked to Raven for other games, but if it ain't video or sound card related they are of little help. I am lost.

I don't think so being am can successfully play UT2003, SOF2, BF1943 among other super intense games flawlessly. So am I am wagering the game is not liking the sound card or something. But what really roasts my bacon is that all my other games INCLUDING other games using the same engine and creeated by RAven games.

That sounds wierd. Have you checked your ingame menu when this is happening to see if your keys are still bound? It may be possible that you have a screwed up config file that was left behind & is still messing things up even though you deleted/re-installed the game, such as the extra MP config files that are automatically generated when you join servers with mods like Vulcanus Admin mod.

He's right about mods possibly interfering... check your force config when you join the server... are your powers still set?

Die, and then when you respawn, try them. You know you have to die for the settings to take affect if you changed them, right?

Also, its possible the server has disabled certain powers (or all of them). Do you see other people doing Force powers, but you can't?

And check your cfg file (binds), but it sounds like you've done that already.

Make sure you allocate force powers before the match. I've been yelled at too many times for "/-/ax0Rs" because I could jump higher. It may not be your specific problem, but it is a very real possiblity for anyone else who can't get their force to work.

Archived