Home

Any Swampies from Texas?

RpTheHotrod

Yeah, it's just incredible. The first war book I've read that doesn't read like some old guy's war story. I had never even heard of Carlos Hathcock before, but, now, he definately has my respect and admiration, even if he is dead now. It wasn't just the shooting talent that set him apart, but his hunting/stalking abilities, which led to his kills. That part where

he took out the VC General 500 yards from his mansion headquarters was one of the most intense parts in a book I've read.

And when he nailed that Apache lady, man, I actually said "Yes!"

D@mn good book.

Yeah, Hathcock was just seconds from death. That VC sniper was aiming right at him when he got blasted through the eye. Any slower on the draw and he would have been iced.

Just reading that book made me wanna run out and blast a few gophers at a hundred yards. (which I did.) :D

If you have never hunted gophers, you just gotta. It's just about the most fun you can have with a .22 There is no killing limit, you don't eat them, you just kill them and leave them for the hawks and eagles and coyotes.

And if anyone here is a animal rights *ahem* person, I don't kill em because of some bloodlust. Their holes are a hazard to my horses, so I wipe them out so they don't hurt my horses. :p

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

XWING, hehe :D

heh what about

The Sniper vs Sniper part? Man...right in the scope. Bam!

Ever see Enemy at the Gates? I have never wanted to be a sniper so much in my life!

Originally posted by JediKnight_114

And if anyone here is a animal rights *ahem* person, I don't kill em because of some bloodlust. Their holes are a hazard to my horses, so I wipe them out so they don't hurt my horses. :p

Well, at least the Great White Hunter has a justification.

Archived