Home

Hindy's Legolas RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!

Hindy

Finally after submitting it absolutely everywhere the dam thing is available if you lot wanna go get it

Link

If you can see any problems or improvements needed please post them here. I will do a version 2.0...

Congrats Hindy! Getting those damn things in game is a feat! I could only suggest taking another look at the head. From that second screenshot it looks as if you selected his face and rotated it slightly downward, making his head shape a little unatural. Also, the legs look a little skinny to me for some reason.

I dont like the look of the skin in-game, it doesn't seem to look anything like the renders I posted in my thread. It seems to have a total lack of detail. Psynex I know you are quite disappointed with in game renders, I read your thread earlier.

As for the face check out the renders in my thread I actually used a photo of Orlando Bloom which I modeled the face round.

Im quite disappointed looking at those screens, but its a learning experience and hopefully my next model will be better.

Yeah, I'm not fond of what JK2 lighting does to a skin. >:[ I just posted a screen of the sword of omens in-game and the screenshot looks awesome...how? Tips: Play photographer; position the model in an area of the map that casts lighting that makes the model appear how you feel it should look in game.

When playing using the model, you won't notice many of the same issues of staring at a static screenshot because the light will always be changing on the models. So just take a little time to position the model in different areas and focus on that money shot. *the blue lighting in the bay map worked for me, but I was working with a metal skin*

That's pretty ****ty. You should include one or two screenshots in the zip file. I've seen that where you download a model pak zipped up and inside the zip is the pk3, a readme, and one or two screenshots. I tend to look at the author screenshots because they're usually pretty dynamic.

Another gripe about PC Gamemods; their screenshots are TOOOOOOOOOOO DARK! 2 steps people: 1-auto-contrast, 2-auto-levels; clean those bad daddies up so we can see them against your wonderfully chosen BLACK BACKGROUND! *sorry, got excited* ;)

I ve had quite a bit of critisism over my skin job, but I thought it looked fine when I rendered it, is it a rule of thumb to make all he maps darker for them to translate better in game?

I mean Ive been looking at over peoples skin maps and you can hardly see them in Photoshop.

Archived