Home

Official Jedi/Dark Jedi Fashion design, make your request known!

Anakin1607

so, from your fragmented grammer, ive assumed that you want raven to make these costumes, and if not, someone in the community?

For starters, Raven will almost definately not make user suggested skins/models, the community should be responsible for making things like that.

Therefore, i think you should hold off on the 'Jedi Fashion Show' until the game is released, that way you'll know what you can do, editing wise.

"so, from your fragmented grammer, ive assumed that you want raven to make these costumes, and if not, someone in the community?"

Please, I'm not even going to respond to such a petty insult. :rolleyes:

"For starters, Raven will almost definately not make user suggested skins/models, the community should be responsible for making things like that."

Well major DUH, it was supposed to be funny. :rolleyes:

"Therefore, i think you should hold off on the 'Jedi Fashion Show' until the game is released, that way you'll know what you can do, editing wise."

If it can be done in JKII, it can be done in JK:A.

You've done nothing but interfere with the purpose of this thread, which was just supposed to be for fun, and really sucked the life out of it. I've asked before, very politely in fact, for you to stop it. So either get with the program, or get lost. You've said your peice, now let us get back to discussing, AGAIN.

"that was a pretty cool design. On one note, that female twi lek jedi was not inconspicuous at all i mean she had a barely there top which exposed her midriff and a short, tights. She must've been pretty popular at the academy."

Indeed she would be. :D

"Black leather chaps. With no pants. And pasties with neon orange tassles."

Matariel's worst nightmare. :p

How about a suit of regular medieval armor? Like Don Wan Quixotay wore in "The cloud riders" in the classic marvel comic? That'd be hilarious! :D

I'm finding some more stuff now, stay tuned. :cool:

what i mean by holding off, is that clothing on characters may have changed in the way they do things in JA, they've said that you can customise your character to a very fine degree.

This means clothing may be interchangable between models (or may be seperate models all togther), like you choose if your character wears a cape, a robe or just a skin-tight suit, and it adds that model on top of your chosen player model.

Im just saying that if you want these outifts in JA, hold off until we know how the clothing is handled.

Until then, speculate all you want on the design, but i still think some of these ideas look dodgy. :)

• 3 months later...

major up,

Okay, the game is out now and everyone and their mother is disapointed that there are no more player models. Well, post your best design here for the mod community to see! Maybe someone will pick up on your idea and run with it!

Now my past suggestions were quite cool, but here's a skin (not the head so much although that will come eventually I'm sure) that I really want.

Episode III Anakin:

http://www.sithclan.net/episode3/images/Anakin01.jpg

"but bright and flashy clothes look really out of place with a jedi holding a lightsabre, it doesnt fit the genre at all...contemperizing star wars just looks tacky at best."

PS: HAHAHA! I was right anyway! There were tons of flashy Jedi clothes INCLUDED in the game. So all that said that Jedi would ONLY wear robes and stuff were WRONG! :p

Who sucks now? :rolleyes:

well JA takes place during the NJO, correct? it's not the old republic anymore. so i say, OUT WITH THE BROWN AND BLAND!!! in with the hip and stylish. all the jedi and sith are wearing functional, yet aesthetically pleasing outfits these days. hell, anakin was ahead of his time ... i don't see anybody else incorporating LEATHER into their ensemble. that there is one man who knows how to dress.

IT LOOKS GOOD ON YA!!!

:p

what would i like to see? something along the lines of snake pliskin meets austin powers. or maybe the crow meets benny hill. dazzle 'em with bullsh*t i always say. if you can confuse and distract your opponent with flashy colors, they'll regret the can o' whoop-a$$ you're about to open up on 'em.

:lol:

Originally posted by adillon

well JA takes place during the NJO, correct?

No, that's not correct. Jedi Academy takes place about 10 years after the Battle of Endor (a year or two after the Jedi Academy is established by Luke Skywalker in The Jedi Academy Trilogy of novels). The NJO EU stuff is something like 25 years after ANH (or about 20+ years after the Battle of Endor) if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, I have no doubt that modders will be busy at work making new skins for the game.

I'm going to have a bash at some original skinning myself for JA, now I've wet my feet with the Dark Trooper Phase 1 for the Dark Forces Mod. ;)

My general request is cut down on the bright playschool colors. Real jedi and sith, IMO, should go with muted colors... Conservative, cold, clinical, professional (like business suits... FBI, lawyers, matrix, equilibrium, blade, xmen movies, etc).

I'd like stuff in grey shades, all white, or dark grey and black.

Capes are great in movies and still shots but are bad in this context for two huge reasons:

1) You practically need a super computer to properly model cape movement so that it looks realistic. You have to model gravity, air resistance, material weight, material flexibility, body movement, body collision... it's insane just to get a cape to look RIGHT. Needless to say, the Quake 3 engine isn't quite equipped for that sort of thing.

2) Real melee combatants would never wear capes in battle because they'd always get in the way, cause you to trip or slip, tangle up your arms, etc.

Note that at the beginning of the Duel of Fates, they took that dramatic timeout to carefuly place their silly floppy garments to the side before moving on to the administration-of-pain phase of the battle.

bif

Originally posted by StormHammer

No, that's not correct. Jedi Academy takes place about 10 years after the Battle of Endor (a year or two after the Jedi Academy is established by Luke Skywalker in The Jedi Academy Trilogy of novels). The NJO EU stuff is something like 25 years after ANH (or about 20+ years after the Battle of Endor) if I'm not mistaken.

doh, i thought the NJO basically encompassed everything after the the jedi academy was established. but i hope i was able to get my point across.

i have a sketch i posted on here a loooooong while back for a character i had hoped to model/skin. gotta find it ... i think it'll fit in well (AND i gotta hone my modeling skills and find that free time that keeps eluding me :p ).

I'm with agent. When I think jedi (or sith) I think of a priest or a judge; very boring, yet practical clothing. You also gotta remember that the Jedi order is always being hunted (whether it be the remnant or some hotshot merc who wants the noteriety of killing a jedi). It wouldn't be prudent for a young jedi to stand out in the crowd. Someone needs to at least dull out/darken the default skins.

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if someone could re-do the Grayfox model from JO with some more polys to fit JA standards? I made a pretty sweet clan skin for the model with some snazzy' dark designs on it and I'd hate not being able to use it again :D

Other than that, I'd like to see some more "robish" outfits for the custom characters. I really miss the "flowing" robes found on the JO models of Palpatine and Obi Wan - and maybe ome "proper" Jedi outfits for the women. Most of them are very un-Jedi'ish :p

Archived