Home

uppercut counter?

CenturionV

Ok heres my problem, i just lost 8 strait rounds duel vs. a dude who uses THE MOST annoying strategy ever. he starts the game out in red stance and all he tries to do is do the heavy downward slash (the one everyone seems to like so much even though it rarelly works in duel)no problem there so i easily avoid his attacks and it does not take me long to get him down between about 80-50 health then he goes defensive and starts ducking on the ground and will do NOTHING but blue stance uppercuts, and theres no way past him, me and 2 other guys tried muliple times on red, blue, and orange stances and using all the special moves with them and nothing worked, we could jump, roll, try and get behind him, try and kick him, and nothing worked?? anyone got any advice?

So, it sounds like he's doing a Red DFA followed by Blue Lunges. There are several ways you could go, but giving him a taste of his own medicine might be more satisfying. The Lunge is a great move to counter the Red DFA in the first place, but it's also good against other Blue Lunges. The trick is getting him to miss you by side-stepping & then not missing when you lunge him back.

Side roll past him and spin the mouse so you always face him. He WILL lunge when you are rolling and will likely miss, giving you precious seconds to get a hit. If he is just crouching and not moving, go for the red DFA. If he is a skilled lunger, and lunges without noticably ducking, use a yellow DFA. If done right, a YDFA will put you just high enough and far away for him to miss, and just close enough to clip him with your saber. These moves ONLY work under standard conditions, so don't trust them on servers with odd setups. If, however, the server allows jumping lunges, use them! They are a cheap, but extraordinarily efficient attack.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I've known others who have disabled force when it comes to dueling, although few actually have been known to disable most force powers down to just using Force Jump to actually make a duel much more exciting and challenging.

Do not take this as offensive, but they too, have said that using powers like Heal, Mind Trick, Grip, Lightning, and Dark Rage, is for those lesser experienced players.

I'm more of a rogue player and often relinquish that rule and just duel however I feel like dueling. But that's something that's unimportant, mind you. :p

Nevertheless, we should stay back on the thread topic.

• 2 weeks later...

The trick to that is that they move their cursors over the spot where you were last seen. Stay in that spot, and the targeting reticle bends downward. Then they know they found you, and they'll keep it on you like a cat chasing a mouse with a blindfold on.

Well, since that player hates "mind trick" and you hate grip, try to compromise and tell 'im to input this into the console screen:

"/forcetoggle 5" (Disables Mind Trick)

"/forcetoggle 6" will disable Grip.

If the player refuses or becomes "flamey", get off his/her server and start your own or go to a more respectable one.

If he knows what its for, just ask him if he would disable that power. And no, you can't disable your own powers while you're playing on someone else's server, unless that server is your own. Go ahead and try disabling powers on someone's server. I could be wrong, y'know. ;)

Archived