Home

The Movie of the game

Joshi

Yeah, so you all seen my site before (and if you haven't, tehn see it now) but now, it has all working pictures and links, a few new pages and a new look. It also has it's own domain name (although not a proper domain to go with it, but no matter).

Just click go here

http://www.mimovie.tk

And have fun!

If I choose t a director from my list of what I wnat to do (other job's include: game designer, novelist, actor and to build my own theme park) then it will be my dream to direct the movie, I'll even pay for it myself if I have to.

I think it would be great to bring monkey Island to a wider audience (you may have guessed that I'm obsessed with it)

At least it would be better than Tomb Raider!:D

By the way kid, I like you, your all right!

(sorry I'm probably a lot younger than you) :(

Yeah I forgot to say that the movie would be best as all CGI in keeping with the style of the game, no matter how much you would like to see big name movie stars doing MI.

also it should be a new story as no one would want to see MI 1 just retold, it should continue the adventures but I would include a bit at the beginning simiarlar to the beginning of MI4 explaining the story so far.

It's unlikely anyone cares what I think. hmm

I think the MI world (MI1&2) would be very ahrd to recreate on a set (like Hobbiton, although they managed that) so i think maybe CGI for that, although i would want it to be very realistic and surreal at teh same time (if that's possible).

But personally, the charcters in the first two Monkey Islands were a lot more realistic and a lot less cartoony so I would like real actors for that (even the ghost Pirate LeChuck, remember, it's basically lechuck in his real form, but as a ghost) but with CG elements such as the sea (ala the perfect storm, except better because... well it's the perfect storm) or beneath the giant monkey head.

And yeah, I guess a new MI story would be nice, but rememember, people who've never heard of or played Monkey Island would feel like they're missing out which is why a really good version of the first game might be nice.

I myself am personally convinced that they will never create an MI movie for various reasons. The main ones being things such as a (game) fan base alone is not enough to rake in enough money to even make the production costs back, let alone make a profit and the name Monkey Island may throw off other people who don't know what it's about (and if not Monkey Island, then Guybrush Threepwood would be very off-putting for some).

But hey, odd things do sometimes happen, (I mean they're doing a Tomb Raider sequel, despite the fact that I walked out in the middle of the first one for being extremly cliched and stupid) so i suppose there could, in the near future (or the extremely distan, it ahs to be one or the other) there might be a MI movie.

Archived