Home

JK2 Necessities

Silenced

What's up guys, I'm new, and just got the game yesterday, and I think it is very fun, but I'm having problems joining servers, because I don't have the necessary files. Can some1 plz tell me which are the most played maps, and files that everyone has, so I don't have to look for an hour to find a game I can join. And it is not the update patch, cause I got that, and also, when you filter for game:JK2, does that mean it doesn't show all the servers w/ mods? Well, I hope some1 can help me out here, and til then I'll play some SP. Thanks!!!!!

-:fett:

Hi! And Welcome! :)

When I play online most of the servers are running with maps that come with the game. You should have these already installed. There will be some servers with custom maps, and the majority of these can be found at:

pcgamemods.com

So have a look there and you should be able to find what you are looking for. You can also hit some of the other sites like:

jk2files.com

massassin.net

jediknightii.net

for different mods, models, and skins. You don't need these to play online, but some of them are pretty cool. As for the Jedi Knight 2 filter, you are correct. You will only see servers running regular JO games. There aren't as many of these as there used to be, as most servers seem to be running mods now. But not to worry, you don't need to download anything to play on these modded servers.

Have fun! :D

Cool, thanks a lot for answering my question and helping me out!!So mods that are installed on servers I don't have to download?I can just play with those mods running straight from the server??Also, seems like you know what you are talking about, so do you think you could suggest some really cool and commonly played maps that didn't come with the original game???Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!!!

-:fett:

Originally posted by Silenced

Also, seems like you know what you are talking about, so do you think you could suggest some really cool and commonly played maps that didn't come with the original game???

Well, I guess I know enough :p I'm not sure what the most popular map is, probably the jedi council map. I can't remember the exact name, though. What I would do is go into your game and select "join game". Then click on the map list title to order the list by map name. Then you can see what the most popular ones are. Just write down the map you want and go to pcgamemods.com and download it. It should come with installation instructions, which is usually as simple as putting it in the proper directory.

Originally posted by Silenced

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!!!

No problem :D

Archived