Home

Sithmaster's SWGB2 civ templates

Yep, these are the templates (for each civ) that I was working on a long time ago, but now that Vostok and Windu have their own coming out soon (more than likely better than mine, from a Star Wars perspective anyway), I decided to boot mine out the door.

I'll be doing a civ a week (i.e. whenever I'm not too lazy to write one up), and I'd like your comments, suggestions, flames, etc. Especially so for unit names that I have marked with question marks where a unit is needed balance-wise but I just don't know one that fits (I play this game cause it was the X-pack the conquers never had). Maybe you other people could suggest names for these guys.

Anyhoo, since the first civ is essentially copied and pasted out of the "how can we change the existing civs" thread, I'd like to spend this time talking about the nature of the game:

-I assumed that the current 8 civs will be in the next game (maybe excluding the Wookies)

-Each civ will have 2 "siege" (anti-building) units in the game (usually one air and one land).

-Most civ will have atleast one trooper, one mech, one heavy, one jedi/dark jedi/sith, one air unit, and one naval unit

-There are completely unique building sets/unit sets for each civ

-Ore is taken out as a resourse (cause its just nova, but restated), and replaced with some sort of gas? to power air units and some mechs

-Different civs have different resourse dependencies and independencies

-Many of the civ features were unoriginally lifted off the aforementioned thread

-Gameplay>Realism (sorry, folks, but look at the author)

-The town center buildings work a lot like they do in AoM, in terms of placement

-Buildings like turrets and walls were not included (unless the civ has speical ones) Assume that they are there.

-I'm assuming that there will be an age/tech level type of organization, but one less obviously lifted of ES

If I think of anything else, I'll edit them in.

THE CONFEDERACY

-Has no houses, use other buildings for pop

-Resourse gather sites have a minimal attack, to disuade early raids on Confederacy economy. Also, they deal with resourse trading in their gather sites.

-Only need food for biological units (they don't need much food), but are quite dependant on credits (nova's new name)

-Geonosian buildings (colony, hive, animal pit, stronghold etc.) have more hp than their technologically advanced bretheren

-Feel free to add your own suggestions (the list feels skimpy, so I'm probably forgeting something)

Start: Two Geonosian Workers, a Picardor, and one resourse site at the closest carbon, food, and credits(a food site at the closest food gathering, a carbon site at the closest tree grove, etc.) Note that all military units available/given in the first age will have dramaitcally lowered stats (a la AoM)

Geonosian Colony-Available immediately. Can't build more than one til a little later in the game (somewhat earlier than others)

Geonosian worker-Duh, costs food

Bounty Hunter-Generic unit for all civs. Available mid-game. Counters jedi-type units and other non-descript units (like Confed animals) Each civ has a different art and stats

Power Core?-Similar to current one, but maybe with a lesser cost and smaller radius/hp

Geonosian Stronghold-Similar to fortress now, but with more emphasis on hp than attack. Can't decide whether units can be built here or not. Probably the majority of techs will be here (or maybe at techno union).

Techno Union Factory-Available very early on. Grants 5 pop

Techno Union Battle Droid-Slightly better than its TF counterpart militarily speaking but cant be built nearly as fast (can still be built fast)

Super Battle Droid-Available slightly later than the BD, but immensely superior. Attacks quite fast, but is expensive and takes slightly longer to build than the BD. Good vs. other troopers

Techno Union Rockets-Available at the same time as early air. Can transport.

Corporate Alliance Warehouse-Comes in about the middle of the game

Dwarf Spider Droid-Slow and weakly armored, but has a high attack that deals small splash.

Homing Spider Droid-Comes later than the Dwarf. Sturdier and slightly faster but with less attack. Hurts other machines.

CA Tank (I forget its complete name, but it was something that was in the movie but then cut out. Its the current M for the CF)-Comes in at the same time as the Homing, but it is much more expensive and quite fast. Heavily armored, it has a bonus vs troopers

IGBC Branch-Available slightly later than the CA Office

Trader Unit-Like regular traders, except that it works via the IGBC building rather than a market. Others ttrade with this building as well

Hailfire Droids-Fast, strong but incredibly vurnable. Can hit both air and ground but excels vs air. Has splash damage. the CF's primary AA

Genosian Hive-Available very early. Grants 10 pop

Picardors-Fast troopers that have a bonus vs jedis/animals

Genoisian Warriors-Not much different from the game, but the Confed's only air/AA early on

Sonic Cannon-Ground Seige. OK vs units, but great vs buildings. Lagre splash damage. Available later

Animal Pit?-Available from the start. Grants 5 pop. All animals cost only food and are countered by anti-jedi or bounty units

Nexu-Accessable at the start. Bad vs anything but workers/econ units. Fast and cheap

Reek-These guys are fine as is. Available somewhat early. OK vs buildings and CF's only ground siege early on

Ackalay-Rips up biological units and does ok vs everything. Quite expensive and not very durable

Airport Building?-Available around when the Bank is. Grants 5 pop

Genosian Fighter-Takes somewhat long to build, but is heavily armored. Does well vs other air. Fast and moderately priced.

Some sort of Air anti-building unit?-Yeah, this one I've got a blank on, or maybe they can have 2 ground like the Gungans (the Hailfire could be anti-building as well, but then it seems too strong)

Commerce Guild Food Processing plant, CG Carbon processing plant, etc.-One for each resourse

CG Fishery-buildable right away. Workers can place at docks,

Marine exploiters? can build at sea

Marine Exploiters?-Available immediately. Fish and build naval buildings

Partoler-Available early on. Protects fishing fleets. Good vs other ships but horrible vs land/buildings. Not as cheap as other boats and not as good of range.

Missile ship of some kind?-Available around when the hailfire is. Hits air and land. Better than Patroler vs land and good vs air.

So what do you think?

Not too bad, i actually quite like some of the building names you have come up with. Question i would like to know is how, for example, would the 'Techno Union Factory' be different to, say, a Rebel Barracks?

Also, what is the 'Techno Union Rockets'? Do you mean the Hailfire Droid? Some of the units could do with a bit more detail, such as saying the TU Rockets can transport. What can they transport?

Finally i too have some suggestions on an air resource, perhaps you could use it. I envisage a Tibanna Gas resource needed to power aircraft (ie no gas = aircraft dont fly). These platforms are built from my Command Center and then seek out the closest deposit of gas.

I like the idea for the gas resource, but what do you mean platforms? Do they go to the resorce collect some and come back? Do works go to the platform at the resource and bring some back? Or does the platform land on the gas vent and just slowly give you the resource?

Made some changes (can you find them all?)

Windu-Sorry about the whole lack of explination thing. I literally copied and pasted much of this off of another thread, where it was mainly used as an idea starter.

The rockets are those ones we see unpacked at the Battle of Geonosis. It was actually Vostok's idea, I just used it cause they needed an early transport.

Question i would like to know is how, for example, would the 'Techno Union Factory' be different to, say, a Rebel Barracks?

They build different units. Also, notice that the buildings aren't just generic ones with different names. There are two "trooper" buildings for the confeds, and one builds a seige unit as well.

Good idea for the gas collectors. May implement it for the Rebs (each civ has different gather sites).

Sith-real nice(although you're a little lazy having copy pasted stuff;) )

About Gas. If the ressource is unlimited then maybe aircraft won't fly when you don't have any left but if not then no. And I believe a platform that ''lands'' on it may be a better idea then having to micro another type of ''worker''.

Wouldn't that be a problem also? If you don't have enough fuel and you are under attack and the fighters are the only thing that's between the enemy and your base, you're doomed....doomed doomed doomed doomed doooooooooooooooooooomed...................... Other than that, the list is pretty good!

Ok, just to clarify about my 'Gas' idea.

- Tibanna Gas will be in the air at various points on the map

- Needed for aircraft to fly (ie no gas = no flying)

- Collectors built from Command Center, then automatically home in on nearest deposit and automatically transfer gas back to base

Also, Sith, im not too sure about having 2 infantry production center's. Im also still a little confused about the 'Rockets', you mean the Rocketships that the Gunship Obi-Wan and Anakin are in blow up?

Windu, I guess so... I just wanted a transport unit early on, and Vostok's idea worked.

I was assuming the gas thing to be collected just like any other resourse and used just like any other resourse: in production. But i may use that collection barge idea for the rebs (always looking for ideas to diversify the economies)

As for the two trooper centers. I'd assume that they can be built in the second age/level/whatever, but if you look, initially one center builds the standard unit, the other builds a fast raider/bounty unit.

EDIT: More changes added. Please help me fill in the question mark things.

These constant requirement of a certain ressource is very complicated and would piss you off. Just in AoM you required gold(a non-constant ressource unlike food or wood which are easier too find). The second you run out of gold in AoM you're dead(unlike SWGB when you run out of nova you still can survive).

So the idea of ''requiring'' a certain ressource(that seems quite rare) for certain units to litterally function(even if you already built them) will piss off people.

Well I'm pissed.

Agreed^

I never liked the whole upkeep idea or paying for ammo idea (like in RoN or Cossacks). Thats why gas is used only in making the unit.

About AoM. You do realize that late game gold/nova is way more readily accessible in AoM than in SWGB becuase you cna trade with yourself. And the reason every unit costs gold is because they wanted a change from AoK's skirm wars when gold ran low. Personally, I prefer having different resourses for different units, so that you never have that problem.

Originally posted by Sithmaster_821

1.Is the answer to your riddle (in sig) "nothing"

2.Back on topic, the amount of carts is about equal to the amount of gold miners, so it all works out.

1. Yes

2. Actually no it's a bit more depending on the distance between your town center and your market but forget everything about this. It works(although still pissed).

i like the gas resource call it fuel go and find a oil plant and watch the fuel roll in.

how about u change a few building names like a Corporate alliance warehouse and a IGBC Workshop or something i wouldnt really call something which makes mechs and mechanical stuff an office.

confed should have a 2 for 1 deal with air but have weak weapons and medium damage.

confed and tf troops should have the fastest trooper build in the game since they ccan build quick and send write into battle (ep 2)

how about u change a few building names like a Corporate alliance warehouse and a IGBC Workshop or something i wouldnt really call something which makes mechs and mechanical stuff an office.

Good point, changes made

Just in case any of you are wondering about when the next one of these is coming out, it'll probably be sometime between today or tommorrow. It will include the Gungans and a description about how Jedi/Bounty units are done.

But please people, those of you more proficient than I in EU, post your ideas for names for the things I have put in front of "?"s

Hi people, sorry I didn't keep to my promise (not like any of you are dripping over my words). I'm gonna do the gungans later today (and, if not, tommorrow), but right now I will fill you guys in on some more general informtion (the stuff I was going to post with the gungans). Today its jedi and bounty units.

I wanted to change the way jedi/bounty units are portrayed in the game. They should be commando units, strong against single units/buildings, and beatable by outnumbering. I wanted to make them strong, but affordable enough that they could be used throughout the game, but expensive enough to deter jedi/bounty armies. So I had a great idea. The unit costs scale. That way they can start relatively cheap, but it wouldn't be economically sound to have more than say 4-5 at a time. From a realism standpoint, seeing that, once you get one jedi/bounty unit on your payroll, it is more expensive to support two. But, for gameplay purposes, having a jedi won't make your bounty price scale. Bounty units do counter jedi and other wierd units (like Confed animals and Gungan fambaas).

There are (of course) exceptions and special cases. The Gungans, TF and Wookies (if I include them) won't have jedi units/bounty units per se but they will still scale and be counter likewise. The Republic, to simulate their ability to field large amounts of units, will have separate weaker jedi that don't scale. Similarly, the Confed Picardor has a bonus vs jedi/other stuff, but does not scale like a bounty unit.

Feel free to ask any questions and the Gungan template is coming soon.

Sorry once again guys. It was either type a 3 page thing on a forum or play AoM and I opted for the latter. I reiterate that most of these ideas were decided on at the ideas for other civs thread...

The Gungans

Grow buildings-Gungan villagers only need to start the growth of a building for it to build on its own. This means they can move on to other stuff. However, growing is slower than other types of building, and does take a small amount of food, so Gungan players may opt to keep their villager on the building, wasting villager seconds but saving building time and food.

Swamp-Gungans dont use power but instead swamp water to make things work better. Swamp water is pumped above ground at the gungan Hydrolical Pump. Swamp water changes the terrain and can be seen by all players. It disappears afetr the pump is destroyed. Other players can build on the swamp, but only allied Gungans benefit from it. Likewise, gungans dont benefit from other power sources. Ocean based buildings are already powered.

Gungans are heavily dependant on food, but have no need for Tibanna gas.

Their buildings heal over time

They can build a number of structures underwater including hydrostatic houses, turrets, and the bongo construction yard.

Gungan start-3 Glurgs and a Boss and 4 outposts.

Gungan Otoh-Regular central building type idea. Can only be built on indigenous towns

Glurg-Regular worker unit

Boss-Rebuilt for free a while after the one that is owned is killed. Decent strength unit, leads Gungan soldiers into battle

Hydolical Pump-Described above, available immediately

Outpost-Standard Gungan defensive position. Throws bommas.

Militiagung Camp-Available early on.

Militiagung Alt-Alt-Standard trooper unit. Has decent attack and quite good pierce armor (to simulate their hydrostatic sheilds) though has poor hp and very slow reload time. Slings boomas.

Electropole Warrior-Mounted on kaduu, melee. Fast, anti trooper unit, but not good vs much else.

Militiagung Flare Trooper-Shoots AA flares. Can only hit air units.

Animal Training Graounds-Available a little later on

Aiwha Rider-Gungan's only air unit. Incredibly poor in dogfights, but strong vs mechancal units on land. Easily killed by enemy air.

Kaduu Maruader-Trained kaduu with mechanical launcher on back. Similar to current strike mech. Good vs troopers and villagers, but can't stand up to heavier units. Countered as a mech.

Fambaa Sheild Generator-Just like ones in game, but with wider radius. Only land based sheild for gungans. Countered by bounty or other anti-jedi units.

Cerabone-Identical to current unit. One of the gungan's two land siege. Countered as a heavy weapon.

Construct Workshop-Available late game. All units are countered as heavy weapons.

Battle Wagon-Dragged into battle by falumpests bounces large boomas inot enemy formations. Hurts all units it hits. Good vs mechs. Similar to scorpions in AoK

Energy Catapult-Second Siege unit. Ranged and very effective. Spash damage. Good vs other heavies.

Flare Cannon-Very strong aa attack. Can only hit air. Looks smilar to current gungan aa mobile but is pushed by a glurg.

Floating market-Can be built on land or water. On land it gets a little pond around it (very small). Doesn't need water supply. Universal resourse drop off point.

Hunting Vessel-Buildable only in water. Fishes.

Underwater Architect-Builds water towers (turrets), hydrostatic houses (for pop), bongo construcion yards (more later), other floating markets, hydrostatic sheilds and any other underwater building you think the gungans should have. Totally submerged.

Bongo Construction Yard-Underwater. All units stay underwater unless attacking or detected.

Assualt Bongo-Standard ship, fats and inexpensive.

Ramming Bongo-Melee. Good vs other ships and buildings. Can't hurt land.

Flare Bongo-Shoots AA flares

Gungan Spirit Tower-Strong late game defensive structure.

Shaman-Similar to Jedi, but weilds stick with Booma at the end.

Can use the force but isn't trained in the ways of jedi.

Assassin-Bounty unit

In the next edition, Rebellion movable buildings will be landing, as well as a look inot how aa and air work.

Talk amongst yourselves...

Now it's my turn to ask you some questions!

1. How will the Bongo Construction Yard be able to be destroyed? Does other civs have detector aircrafts? Or we'll need to build our own ships which makes it almost impossible to destroy them since the gungans are supposed to have the strongest navy?

2.Basically, what will the Boss do? Is he like the pharaoh in AoM or does he give boosts for surrounding units?

3. Just a point. I don't think Shamans should be able to use force powers. Find something else. Fast.

*hearing many purist with their torches running after Sith*

Archived