Home

Sithmaster's SWGB2 civ templates

1. Yeah, the main ship of each civ (the CF Partoler and Gungan assualt bongo for example) would have scanning/detecting capabilities. Just like it is now.

2. Nope, the Boss is just a decent military unit. He's just free.

3. I imagined the "shamans" to be force adept Gungans who don't realize that what they are using is the Force. They think it is just majic. I forgot to say that they heal gungan units (all gungan units are healable). And there are no Force powers in my templates. Thats a little tooo RPG-ish for me.

Originally posted by Sithmaster_821

1. Yeah, the main ship of each civ (the CF Partoler and Gungan assualt bongo for example) would have scanning/detecting capabilities. Just like it is now.

2. Nope, the Boss is just a decent military unit. He's just free.

3. I imagined the "shamans" to be force adept Gungans who don't realize that what they are using is the Force. They think it is just majic. I forgot to say that they heal gungan units (all gungan units are healable). And there are no Force powers in my templates. Thats a little tooo RPG-ish for me.

1. Actually I don't think the CF is a sea strong civ so unless non sea strong civ have some kind of detectr fighter, the gungans will be overpowered on sea.

2. DOes this mean you can Boss rush?

3. Anyway purists will have your head for this.

Thanks for answering the questions.

Good ideas, Sith. Here's my comments:

1. Did I post my plan for Confeds? Because yours is uncannily similar. If so, glad you agree, if not, great minds think alike. I like the name changes, but I think stick with IGBC Branch - I'm pretty sure most branchs of the IGBC would have Hailfire Droids at hand.

2. Great Gungan plan. It is sort of similar to what I had in mind - although I know I didn't post my Gungan ideas, so excellent work. I see the "flares" as you call them (the AA things) as not being tracking missiles like other civs but instead more like flak cannons, with a huge blast radius to make up for them not being seekers. Also, I think this should look somewhat like boomas, with a big blue explosion.

3. As Lord of the Purists, I don't have much against the Gungan Shamans. Although it is an idea largely from EU (I believe they are explicitely mentioned in the RPG (not computer game)), they don't go against anything we see in the movies, and they fit with the Gungan style and way of life. Obviously they are far less powerful than Jedi though...

With all these civ designs coming out I might wait until you guys are done before I post mine, so I can build on yours, Windu's and Luke's work.

Originally posted by Admiral Vostok

3. As Lord of the Purists, I don't have much against the Gungan Shamans. Although it is an idea largely from EU (I believe they are explicitely mentioned in the RPG (not computer game)), they don't go against anything we see in the movies, and they fit with the Gungan style and way of life. Obviously they are far less powerful than Jedi though...

I'm strangely surprised...seriously...

1. Did I post my plan for Confeds? Because yours is uncannily similar. If so, glad you agree, if not, great minds think alike. I like the name changes, but I think stick with IGBC Branch - I'm pretty sure most branchs of the IGBC would have Hailfire Droids at hand.

:eek: Me? Copy someone's work?(you posted part in theunique units thread, and then, a couple posts later, I expaded on it, and then now I kinda copied and pasted) :o

2. Nice idea about the flare blast radius. Not to spoil anything for next time's preview, but I orginially had the flares tracking but now I'm copying your idea.

3. Sorry Luke the Purist Anti-Christ and the Lord of the purists agree.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've Just Read That Idea For The Confederacy It Was GREAT excellent fantastic wowza best thing out of this forum apart from windu's secret civ idea in a while finally no quibbling over minute details that don't matter i perhaps could offer some insight into the Poowoorca 11 sloop fighter variant? if you so then i'll see what i can do about uploading a copy of the designs and a few other ships and highlight how it is superior in some ways to toehr fighters and in others inferior

For all those who thought (or hoped) that this thread had died, Im sorry. Its back with its third installment-Air/AA and Naboo.

The way air works in my hypothetical, very-unlikely-to-become-a-reality template is this:

1. All air units move around a lot more in flight. They strafe targets and bombers circle as they reload. Transports quickly descend and ascend to pickup troops (they remain invurnable to non-AA land units though). Also, death sequences are better and ship specific (instead of a generic cloud of dust, ships break in two, nosedive, or turn into careening balls of fire.

2. All air units can attack while moving. If air units that are told to attack move (a setting where normal land units would stop and fight if they came in contact with enemies en route to their destination) come across enemy units or buildings, they will fire on them while still moving towards their destinationthey will stop firing once the enemies were no longer in their line of sight. You can set waypoints to allow air units to fly over numerous weakpoints or avoid heavily defended ones. You can also queue up targets (usually buildings, but also units if they are in you LOS) in this mode so that your air units concentrate on specific targets in their fly over (as long as they are still in attack move, if not they just fly over to the first target stop and attack it until it is killed and move on just like land units would). Waypoint setting and target queuing would be done with the shift button, as is the case now.

3. To conpensate for these near constant movements, almost all AA units trace automatically. The key exceptions would be the AT-AT and the AAT (not their civs primary AA units by the way) who use regular fast moving lasers to hit their targets and the Gungan AA, which you saw above, utilizes an area of effect attack in their AA to conpensate for their lack of AA.

4. That seems to be it concerning air. Every civ has atleast one air unit and one AA unit that is available at the same time as the first civ's access to aggressive air units (be they their own aggresive air units). If I think of anything else, it will be edited in here.

On to the Naboo:

Civ features:

Lack power cores, all buildings are internally powered (they're also all a bit more durable), but they're slightly more expensive in carbon and take a little longer to make

Troopers can garrison in houses for added protection. They don't get a raise in attack, and, since there is a house limit, you have to be careful were you place your houses.

All Naoo units heal over time if they are in a radius of a major building (no houses, drop off points). Both of these bonuses add to Naboo's strength at perpetuating a defensive war.

Most of Naboo's units are very strong, but they are slow to make and pop and slightly resourse costly.

The Naboo have a slight wealth dependancy (all of their units cost some wealth), which they can help alleviate with early trade

Start:

2 Worker Droids (the ones in the game now), 1 Architect, and one

Flash speeder. Thye also start with a small cluster of houses, a market (next to nearst wealth source), and a town hall.

Town Hall-Standard CC building, must be built on indiginous settlements. Available later on, but get one at start.

Worker Droid-does the dirty work for the aristocratic Naboo, collects all types of resources

Architect-Builds and repairs all buildings

Jedi knight/master-available later in the game (knight before master). Standard jedi-unit, (its in the TC because the Naboo "recieve" the jedi at their central area after their arrival from Corusant.

Market-Where resource exchange, trade to and from transpires. Resource dropsite for wealth. Available immediately.

Merchant-Basic trader

RSF Police Station-Available early on, where the Security Forces are hired.

RSF Trooper-Basic ranged unit. Weak attack and low range, but fast reload and decent armor/hp. Unlike most of Naboo's forces, these volunteers are cheap (especially in wealth), made fairly fast, and take up not nearly as much room as the other Naboo units.

RSF Civil Defender-Basic AA trooper with ground mounted missile launcher. Like the Trooper, they are cheap, fairly speedy to make, but weak, compensating a quite slow reload rate with a fairly good attack.

Flash Speeder-Available mid-game, moderate build speed and pop cost, and decent amount of wealth cost, these units are fast (probably one of the fastest units in the game) with an ok attack and good reload time, but pretty poor defense. What makes it worth its cost is that its the only land unit that can attack while moving (a la air units). They may not be able to sit around very well and fight, they can very easily harrass a slower enemy. Good vs troopers.

Gian Speeder-Available later on. Quite expensive and slow to build, they are fast with a great attack and reload time, but also have some defense deficiencies. Its strong, concentrated blasts easily poke holes in opposing mechs, and dont do too poorly vs buildings.

Palace-Available mid game. Attacking building. Builds soldiers extremely loyal to the queen

Royal Crusader-They're BACK!! Very similar to current version, but has a very strong attack vs buildings, comes with a sheild, and does much better vs other units, even troopers. They, however, are very expensive and slow to train, and take up some pop. Naboo land based seige (more in next week's episode)

Commando-The cream of the RSF crop, these elite troopers are hand picked by the queen to operate in secret missions. Very strong unit, but cant tank like Royal Crusaders can. Bounty unit

Hangar-Available midgame All air has a sheild

N-1 Starfighter-Fast, strong, and good hp, these things should be feared. However, its high cost (especially in pop) and slow build time makes it less appealling

RAF Gunboat-Slow but strong missile touting aerial seige. Again, pop and creation restraints rein this puppy in

Royal Troop Transport-Fast and heavily armored, it has a high pop allowance to accomadate for the Naboo's high pop units. Looks analogous to the queen's transport, only modified for more military purposes (less Mercedes, more menace). Same old Same old about pop/resource cost and creation speed.

Docks-Available initially, creates sea units

Fish Merchant-Standard fisher in a gondola like boat (as in Ep 2)

RSF Guard Boat-Standard ranged sea unit that fares as well vs land/buildings as it does for other sea units. Like the RSF Troopers, this boat is weak but cheap, and is quite manuveurable.

Royal Galleon-The pride of the Royal Navy, this slow, expensive, long to create but powerful ship is essentailly an assault mech of the seas, albeit it doesn't fare too well against land based opponents.

RSF Guard Station-a tower like building only capable of hitting land units. Strong defense but low attack. An intresting aspect is that range is amplified if near a town hall that is occupied by you, so they serve much better protecting towns than outposts

RSF Air Raid Tower-Not much to explain, although, like the other tower, is better defensively than offensively. Also get range boost.

University-Where the general techs (and geeks) are.

OK thats it. Rebs are next, along with a description of how I do siege.

Last updated by Sithmaster_821 sometime in the near future because he's a bumbling fool and probably forgot something and will hit his head when he realizes what he forgot

You double posted:D !

That's what you forgot:D !

Great ideas about air!

Wouldn't having a Flash speeder so early in the game give the Naboo a huge anti-rush capability?

Just a remark, wouldn't a commando unit be very un-nabooish?

They just don't seem to have secret commandoes.

Other then that it's marvelous!

Especially the architect

:D

1. Gah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. I don't consider mid-game early

3. A commando unit was the most Naboo-ish of all the possible anti-jedi ideas. I saw them as personal informants or operatives of the Queen, culled from the cream of the RSF crop. There was some mention about operatives working ofr the queen in either Ep 1 or 2 (i think)

I've got an idea you could use as a unique tech for the naboo.

Artisans

Researched at the equivalent of the research center

Cost

Number of buildings times by 100 and pay that in wealth.

Effect

Makes ALL buildings a lot stronger and more quickly built and for some internal sheilding.

I thought it might be a good idea since i imagine a lot of naboo are artists and architects and some maybe artisans. It would propably enhance the architect's stats as well.

Very nice, very nice indeed, Sith. The Air ideas are quite good, though to be honest I still think Troopers should be able to shoot Air (though not very good at it). I think especially since you need to track the Air units the effect of allowing Troopers to shoot will be balanced out with the upgraded HP I envision for Air. Just a query though: can you set the Air's stance so they don't automatically attack units they fly over?

The Naboo ideas are generally quite good, though as you're aware our ideas for power for the Naboo differ. The idea I have is (I think) quite good and true to the movies, but you'll have to wait a couple more weeks for that... Anyway I quite like the Architect, though I think he would work better in a role like the AoM Pharoah, where he sort of empowers the building process. I think I'll steal the concept of an Architect for my plan and alter him a bit as I see fit.

Can't wait to see your seige ideas. I actually haven't even thought about that because I'm so focussed on the movies in which the only thing that comes close to a seige is Hoth... so I must take some time to consider seige. Or just rip off your ideas :D

I should add for those non-regular posters who might be under the impression I'm just ripping stuff off, you should know much of everyone's civ templates are actually communal efforts. For example I think I came up with the idea for Naboo garrissoning in houses and firing out, and I know I came up with the idea for the Confederacy's pop limit.

I thought that that it may have been a little expensive especially if you had a lot of buildings so i thought maybe internal sheilding for a few would balance it out but now i realise it is a little over the top maybe internal sheilding for the fortress, resource centers and command centers may be better i'm not sure it's open to debate.

Archived