Home

SWG on a Laptop?

gustable

somehow I don't think that config will work out for you. Depending on RAM and things...

it's better not to tempt fate like that anyway. You might be able to run it...people have been able to run games below the min reqs for a long time...but they have to take such huge graphical hits that it just isn't worth it for most people to go through a laggy game...not because of the servers, but because of the computer. Some will go for it tho.

I usually take the Reccomended as my Min. If I don't meet it then I'll question getting the game.

So technically...you COULD play the game...but I'm not sure if you'd want to because it might drive you insane.

read this

Computer

100% DirectX 9.0 compatible computer

Operating Systems

Windows 98 SE, Millennium, 2000, and XP

CPU

Required: Intel PIII 933 MHz or AMD Athlon 900 MHz

Recommended: Intel P4 1.5 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+

Memory

Required: 256 MB RAM

Recommended: 512 MB RAM

Graphics Card

Required: 32 MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability

Recommended: 64 MB 3D Graphics card with Vertex Shader and Pixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability

Monitor

1024x768 capable monitor required

Sound Card

Required: PCI, USB or Onboard Audio Device

CD-ROM

Required: Quad Speed CD-ROM drive

Input Device

Required: Keyboard and mouse

Connectivity Requirements

Required: 56K modem or faster Internet connection

DirectX

Microsoft DirectX 9.0 is included on this CD. NOTE: DirectX may require the "latest" updates for your operating system. This may also include the latest drivers for your particular motherboard, sound and video hardware.

Installation

Installation requires 2.0 GB of free hard drive space. It is recommended that you have at least an additional 500 MB of free space available after installing the game for the Windows swap/page file and additional patch downloads.

Supported Chipsets at the time of release:

ATI Radeon 7200/7500

ATI Radeon 8500/9000

ATI Radeon 9500/9700

Matrox Parhelia

NVIDIA GeForce 256

NVIDIA GeForce 2 family

NVIDIA GeForce 3 family

NVIDIA GeForce 4 family

NVIDIA GeForceFX family

Additional Chipsets supported.

------------

Also u could run it with the graphics turned all the way up it would be the best damned Star-Wars slide show u have ever seen ull get a new slide on ur scren every second or so... Asome Huh... You wana make ur computer go faster here is a tip....

Stand on top of a building and throw it off :p

Laptops dont make good gamming machines unless u feel like spending 3500 on an Alienware or u feel creative and buy a CLEVO which is what Alienware is without the logo except u can never find a clevo that is finished u always have to buy more goodies for it..... Sell the laptop on ebay for $500 buy a decent desktop?

----------

Originally posted by gustable

hey I don't care. I just wanna be a tourist in star wars and maybe look a rancor in the eyes before i die. or maybe meeet selacious.

i think it might work. I wonder who would know?

-goldplate

You can always try it out, whats your net speed though and Graphic card details? :confused:

Archived