Home

Debit cards?

Kaiser Isaac

Ok this thread has long been forgoten so i can spam......Ummmm can someone please tell me all of the brands you are able to use (For example- Visa,Mastercard).....I have seen them before when i went to register......I was just messin around because i had no card at the time.......But now i am away from my game and my computer.....( i am at a crappy computer for 7 days).......So i need help..... I need comfort......

Originally posted by Kaiser Isaac

Ok yet again this thread has long been forgoten.....So insted of starting a new one i will spam....AGAIN!!.....so plz answer the questions above....I am not gonna bring this thread back up if it drifts off in the distance again......

There is no functional difference between a debit card and a credit card at the P.O.S. (Point Of Sale). The functional difference exists only on the "back end", and deals with how the money is debited. For a credit card, the money is "debited" from your total alloted credit line, and incurs an interest penalty periodically. A debit card, on the other hand, debits the money directly from your checking account and incurs no interest penalty.

For the machine doing the "card swiping", there is no difference whatsoever. In this case, the "card swiping" is done virtually rather than physically, but the result is the same. All the "swiper" is concerned with is 1) is the card valid, and 2) are there sufficient funds to cover the charge.

I have never seen a debit card that wasn't either a Visa or Mastercard. I don't think you can get a "Discover" debit card, or any of the other card types. If you have a debit card, there is probably a 99.9% chance you'll be perfectly fine with it.

Originally posted by Ravenzclawz

* small shameless bump *

Was wondering if either switch or solo cards would work on this..

* roll on my copy dropping through my door :) *

Raven, I'm not familiar with those cards. Does it have a "Visa" or "Mastercard" logo on it?

Well my thanks to all for thereplies and help.

I have emailed the billing help section for SWG and asked for a list of all supported cards be them debit / credit etc.

So being as i have seen a few other threads on other boards asking about billing cards i shall post it up as soon as i get some answers.

My thanks again , safe hunting all.

Archived