Home

Cutscene help!

lukeskywalker1

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

ok, thanks, so then after the cutscene ends, how can i get rid of that kyle NPC, or will it just disapear?

thanks man. ;)

You will want to have the script trigger the Kyle entity's targetname at the very end. It will not dissapear on its own.

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

another question 4 the NPCs will i have to click that cutscene box? Im ganna play around with it some more

Nope. Basically all that cutscene checkbox does is just make the guy stand there, do nothing, and react to nothing, unless you tell him to do otherwise.

:)

Ir wil not disappear automatically, but you can set it to invisible and non-solid with the script at the end of the cutscene. Or simply remove it. You can find the very similar sounding SET commands in BehavEd's SET list.

If you just make it invisible and non-solid, then you can use it in different cutscenes, and don't have to use many NPC_ entities.

Yeah, Ive been mapping for MP mostly. Ive released one map, my 1st completed. It wasnt that good. Then I started my 2nd one, it was 4 my clan, It looked awesome, had some FPS trouble, but I was going to fix it. But sadly, my clan is gone. I was about 85% done :( wasted work. I could always take all the logos out of it and make it into an imperial base. Now im trying to learn scripting, so i can make a 'special' SP map.

Back on topic, i added targetname kylestart to the npc. And remove 'kylestart' in the script, at the verry end after the camera is disabled. 1 problem, the NPC wont show up now... :(

yeah, thats what it was :D !!!

one last problem, the NPC disapears too early...

heres the script

//(BHVD)

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ ENABLE );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ MOVE, $tag( "cam1", ORIGIN)$, 0 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ PAN, $tag( "cam1", ANGLES)$, < 0.000 0.000 0.000 >, 0 );

wait ( 6000.000 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ MOVE, $tag( "cam2", ORIGIN)$, 5000 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ PAN, $tag( "cam2", ANGLES)$, < 0.000 0.000 0.000 >, 5000 );

wait ( 7000.000 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ MOVE, $tag( "cam6", ORIGIN)$, 5000 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ PAN, $tag( "cam6", ANGLES)$, < 0.000 0.000 0.000 >, 5000 );

wait ( 8000.000 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ MOVE, $tag( "cam3", ORIGIN)$, 5000 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ PAN, $tag( "cam3", ANGLES)$, < 0.000 0.000 0.000 >, 5000 );

wait ( 6000.000 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ MOVE, $tag( "cam4", ORIGIN)$, 5000 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ PAN, $tag( "cam4", ANGLES)$, < 0.000 0.000 0.000 >, 5000 );

wait ( 6000.000 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ ZOOM, 30.000, 4000 );

wait ( 6000.000 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ MOVE, $tag( "cam5", ORIGIN)$, 0 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ PAN, $tag( "cam5", ANGLES)$, < 0.000 0.000 0.000 >, 0 );

wait ( 3000.000 );

camera ( /*@CAMERA_COMMANDS*/ DISABLE );

remove ( "kylestart" );

ok, after cam1 the NPC isnt on camera, but at cam 5, the camera is facing the NPC... but its gone then, even though the remove command is after the camera disable...

If an NPC has a targetname it will not spawn until it is used.

If you want to do something with that NPC then you have to give it an NPC_targetname key with a value, which you can use in the AFFECT commands.

If you have targetname and NPC_targetname on an NPC then making them different seems to be the good solution. If someone has different experience tell me, please.

Archived